Question about Birth Certificate

nkak

Registered Users (C)
PLEASE HELP :confused:

In my husband's case, his birth certificate was missing when we applied for I485. At that time we submitted affadavits from his parents. Luckily, we recently found his original birth certificate. And at the same time, we got a RFE on his case for the BC.

Now there are 2 problems. First, as usual in India, the baby is not names at birth. As such his birth certificate, does not have his name on it. Just his parents. Second, it is in Marathi and I don't know of any Notary here to sign the translation.

Can anybody help with any suggestion as what to do. Thanks a bunch.

nkak said:
PLEASE HELP :confused:

In my husband's case, his birth certificate was missing when we applied for I485. At that time we submitted affadavits from his parents. Luckily, we recently found his original birth certificate. And at the same time, we got a RFE on his case for the BC.

Now there are 2 problems. First, as usual in India, the baby is not names at birth. As such his birth certificate, does not have his name on it. Just his parents. Second, it is in Marathi and I don't know of any Notary here to sign the translation.

Can anybody help with any suggestion as what to do. Thanks a bunch.

I had my birth cert in Marathi too - without my name on it - just my father's.

So I translated it in English. Asked my friend to sign it. He signed it in front of a notary. The Notary stamped/signed it and I submitted it. No RFE yet but my attorney said he has done this in many cases so it should not be a problem.
- msd_gc.

Thanks msd_gc for this info. My attorney seems to think that the name has to be there. We are trying to see if we can get a duplicate certificate with the name or atleast a note form the Municpal Corporation saying that name of the child is not neccesarliy provided on the BC. Since this is a RFE, I don't want ot take the chance of getting it rejected.

Thanks once again.

nkak

Mione was the same case i.e. there was no name on the BC and it was Hindi, I translated the same had it Notarized and submitted same, however recvd an RFE asking for the name. I had the Municipal Authorities re-issue me the BC with all details from the earlier one added my name and submitted mine and luckily I got approved. If they have issued an RFE for name please do try your level best to comply with it and to make it geniune i.r. I had not done any wrong doing to it I sumitted the Original BC along with the Fedex Envlope saying it was made recently however it was couriered to me by my folks.

I hope the above info is of some help and again I say please do your best to have name included.

Thanks

Affidavits are required for recent birth certificates

Hi,
I got this information from attorney and also read it on Murthy.com:
In case of duplicate birth certificates gotten recently for the purpose of GC, it is advised to have the affidavits from parents or close relatives along with the duplicate birth certificates. It seems like INS is not always considering the recently obtained birth certificates.
I had a birth certificate obtained recently in marathi. I preferred to have affidavits, and then obtained the certificate of non-availability from the respective authorities in India.
Hope this helps you a bit.
Thanks.

DKEB2 said:
Hi,
I got this information from attorney and also read it on Murthy.com:
In case of duplicate birth certificates gotten recently for the purpose of GC, it is advised to have the affidavits from parents or close relatives along with the duplicate birth certificates. It seems like INS is not always considering the recently obtained birth certificates.
I had a birth certificate obtained recently in marathi. I preferred to have affidavits, and then obtained the certificate of non-availability from the respective authorities in India.
Hope this helps you a bit.
Thanks.

Fellows,

The direction from INS is " the birth should be registered within one month after the child is born". The point is you can get a duplicate of your BC today also but your birth should have been registered when you were born.

Most of the hospitals in India keep record of all babies born in their facility, if you are lucky to locate the hospital and request doctor to issue a letter regarding your birth date and present it to local muncipal officer, in most of the cases they will give a duplicate BC with registration date per your records.
In my case exactly same thing happened and its 8 months since I filed I-485, so far no REF on BC.

Thanks

Sadashivepethi

Thanks all for your reply. We have his original BC with the registration dates of few dates within his birthdate. But his name is not there. We will try to see if they will issue a duplicate with his name included.

For myslef, we had submitted a duplicate issued recently, but it did have the correct registration date. USCIS has accepted that for me.

Thanks,
Nisha

nkak said:
Thanks all for your reply. We have his original BC with the registration dates of few dates within his birthdate. But his name is not there. We will try to see if they will issue a duplicate with his name included.

For myslef, we had submitted a duplicate issued recently, but it did have the correct registration date. USCIS has accepted that for me.

Thanks,
Nisha

Yeah it is a good idea to go to local muncipal office and prrenst all papers you have and a letter from hospital, muncipal corporation will issue a duplicate BC with birth date, registration date and of course name.

too punyachi aahes kaa?

Thanks

Sadashiveepthi

Thanks SadhasivPethi.
Ho me Punyachi aahe. From your screen name here, I assume you are from Pune too. I am sick of this waiting game for the GC. Hopefully this is the end of it. What bothers me is that they have issued RFE for both my husband and me on I-485 without any word on the I-140.

We will send the response to my RFE this week. Will see what happens.

Good luck with your case!!!

Sadhashivpethi:

Just thought of one more question for you. You are from Pune and had to get a duplicate BC. Was it easy to get it from the Pune Municpal Corporation or they gave you a very hard time?

Thanks

nkak said:
Sadhashivpethi:

Just thought of one more question for you. You are from Pune and had to get a duplicate BC. Was it easy to get it from the Pune Municpal Corporation or they gave you a very hard time?

Thanks

Hi,

It was fairly ok, my mom went to PMC local ward office on Karve road and paid some nominal fees to get duplicate BC.
In fact my mom had to get 2 different certificates as muncipal clerk did not write full year of registration, e.g. instead of writing 1990 he just wrote 90. So you make sure get your BC with all fours numbers.

BTW even if my id is "Sadashivepethi" , am not from Sadashivpeth, but from somewhere else.:)