question about approval related to name check memo

mockingbird

Registered Users (C)
I had been stuck in namecheck for 2 years.
I got my GC approved recently due to the new name check memo and the officer stamped my passport as approved (it was my second interview, I've been married over 2 years). My question is: Will I get an actual card or not and how long will it be valid for? The temporary stamp in my passport is valid only for 1 year. Does USCIS wait for the namecheck approval to go though before they mail you the actual card (which might still take no one knows how long).

They will send you a card, valid for 10 years. They do not wait until the namecheck clears. But they do "continue" processing it.

thanks praetorian. It's a little confusing I guess. Wonder if USCIS will communicate with me once the processing is "done". Also, I believe one can apply for citizenship 2 years (or is it 3?) after getting permanent residency. So will I be eligible 2 years from now or 2 years from when I am done done.

You count towards citizenship from the moment your GC is approved. Not when you filed.

At it is either 3 or 5 years from that moment. Not 2 years...

Yes, 3 years from the date your GC was issued, which will be the date on your passport when it was stamped at your 2nd interview.

my namecheck was stuck for about a year and i got my 485 approved at the 2nd interview. got my GC in mail about 10 days after the interview; it is valid for 10 years.