question about applying

Bbal4lif2

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a visitors visa and I have a question. I had a visitors visa a long time ago, when I was a child. Since then I've been on an L2 Visa and an F1 Visa. Now I need to apply for a visitors visa because I have left the States, question is - I obtained an SSN through OPT and on the form for applying I see that it has a section for SSN and has a "not applicable" next to it.

Do I need to put my SSN there even though I no longer live in the States? Will me putting it increase my chances of getting the visa? Will it decrease it? Let me know please!! I would like to apply within a week. Thanks!

It’s not a matter of whether the question being asked decreases or increases your chance of being approved. All questions being asked should be truthfully answered, as simple as that. Answering ‘not applicable’ will be an obvious lie since you do have a SSN.

Will me putting it increase my chances of getting the visa? Will it decrease it?

Never use that type of terminology for a US visa. I've seen such terms used rather widely on other forums, most prominently by India nationals. Answer truthfully irrespective of it's affect on a visa; you claim to have an SSN, so state it. There should be no ambiguity about this.

There is one thing that unambiguously decreases the chance of getting a US visa: lying on a visa form.