Question about Advance Parole

www140

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My wife will return to US using AP (Advance Parole). The incoming airport is San Fransisco. I know there is different lanes for green card holders and visa holders in LA. Which lane should AP holders go? Any opinins are welcomed especially someone coming through San Fransisco. Also, please suggest the necessary documents. Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

airports: this is just what i heard

i heard that san francisco was the best immigrant friendly place to re-enter the states (and chicago was the worst). just fYI

Re-entry on AP

AP holders need to go in the "Foreign Nationals" lane. Be sure to fill out the I-94 before landing. Leave the Visa fields blank on the I-94. Enter the A # on the back of the I-94. At Dallas we were only asked for the AP. Nothing else. Doesn\'t hurt to have a copy of the I-485 receipt handy.

Can any body share the experience of boarding on AP

Can any body share the experience of boarding on AP , becuase i know it will not be a problem on any US airport, re-entering on Ap, but i am sure people at the port of boarding will see it suspiciously.
and do we need to show the AP while going out of US or it is only for re-entry.

Please share your comments/experiences

Copy of AP to airlines..

Give a photo copy of the AP document to all the airlines involved. In fact some APs come with a copy for the transporter.

I do not give the AP copy to airlines.

I just show the AP for them.
The airlines need to make sure that you have right document to enter US.

My experience

I came from India. AP was checked in Mumbai and in Paris. No one took any copies or asked for any copies. You need AP only for re-entry. It is the responsibility of the airline to make sure you have the correct papers to enter your destination country.

?

Guys,

I am planing to use AP to travel to India.Does it make my H1 invalid? will it have any effect at all on H1 ?.Just curious