Question about a pending I-485 case

mikhalich

Hi,

I have a few questions for immigration Gurus.

I have submitted 1-140 and I-485 on the 10th of April, 2006. Concurrent filling in the EB-1 category ("Outstanding Professor/Researcher"). I am a Physics professor.

My I-140 was approved very quickly on May 5, 2006. :)

I had my biometric services done for the I-485 on May 18, 2006.

Since then I have not heard anything from the USCIS and there are no changes on the case status page. In particular, there are no records there about my fingerprints/biometric services.

Should I be concerned about this fact (no changes on the case status web-page)?

Am I right in thinking that my case is likely to undergo a security check, since I am a physicist? Is there any way to find out about whether my case has been sent for an additional screening; and should I do that at all or it is better not to bother the Immigration with annoying questions?

I would appreciate any comments on my case.
Thank you

the same shit

Hi (privet) Mikhalich,

Very similar.
I-140 (EB-1)/I-485, filed in November 2004,
I-140 approved January 2005,
Biometrics done February 2005

No LUDs until September 2005 (9 months since biometrics)
in September first LUD appeared "Fingerprint results.. case resumed"

Since then I'm getting LUDs every 3 month (no new messages).
My wife (dependent) has no messages at all.

In July 2006 contacted Senator, in responce received an answer from FBI "Name check was started in December 2004.. and is in pending state".

22 months have passed, no progress. Thinking to file WOM.

Good luck, Mikhail

mikhalich said:
Hi,

I have submitted 1-140 and I-485 on the 10th of April, 2006. Concurrent filling in the EB-1 category ("Outstanding Professor/Researcher"). I am a Physics professor.

Since then I have not heard anything from the USCIS and there are no changes on the case status page. In particular, there are no records there about my fingerprints/biometric services.

Am I right in thinking that my case is likely to undergo a security check, since I am a physicist? Is there any way to find out about whether my case has been sent for an additional screening; and should I do that at all or it is better not to bother the Immigration with annoying questions?

Thank you

hello folks,
mikhalich, you worry too early... you have just submitted, need to wait...
everyone needs to go through this security check, not only physisists, and not only Russians....
obelix, good luck with your WOM!
btw I got my security check cleared using senator and the fact that my daughter was 'aging out'...still waited for almost 3 years for it.

we are in the same situation. FBI results have not come back after 9 mos. we won the DV-2007 and are planning to go to an interview in moscow in october unless our file is resolved by some miracle. does anyone know how to contact the FBI. their public inquiry line is closed...

mikhalich said:
Hi,

Thank you

Usually there aren't any changes in one's case status message after the FP appointment, a LUD at best. So don't worry about that part.

As far as contacting USCIS... First of all, what is your service center? TSC is now officially processing I-485 cases received in March 2006, NSC - in November 2005. If your case is at TSC, then whenever they start processing I-485 cases received on May 10 or later (30 days after your RD), you have every right to contact them and place an inquiry on the status of your case. Unless they approve you by then :) But until then, there's not much you can do... Good luck!

My collegue had the same story.
His online message didn't change after fingerprinting was done.
He called FBI (you can reach FBI fingerprint check unit by calling 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406) and they answered that his FP never reached FBI.
Hi wrote a letter to USCIS explaining the situation and recieved new FP appointment.

But. If it was not a fingerprinting for FBI FP Check then online message will not change.

Cmapocma said:
My collegue had the same story.
His online message didn't change after fingerprinting was done.
He called FBI (you can reach FBI fingerprint check unit by calling 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406) and they answered that his FP never reached FBI.
Hi wrote a letter to USCIS explaining the situation and recieved new FP appointment.

But. If it was not a fingerprinting for FBI FP Check then online message will not change.
Hi, this is interesting. I gave my FP 3 months back. Can I call this number and ask about the status?
Has anyone tried this number? What are your experiences with this?