Query regd visa expiry date and reentry date

tonymj80

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I recently changed jobs and transferred my H1B visa from company A to company B. However I still have the old company A visa stamped on my passport. I have a approved petition (I797A) for company B and I have received an extension of stay in the US and my I-94 has been extended till the approved date of my new I-797. I was thinking about making a trip outside the US. My visa through company A is valid till Nov 25, 2006. I was wondering if I were to make a trip outside the US and then return before the expiry date for my visa issued by company A would there be any problem during reentry. Is there some kind of a window period say one or two months before the visa expiration during which time you cannot re-enter the US unless the visa is first renewed or in other words, if I travel during Sept or Oct or Nov 2006 and I return before 25th Nov 2006 (my current visa's expiration date) is there a possibility that I will be denied reentry? What are the rules that govern reentry?

Thanks.

Yes! You can comeback on previous Visa Stamp

Yes! You can comeback on previous Visa before its expiry Date.
At the immgration show the new I-797, so that you get I-94 till the latest expiry date.