query on infopass appointment

sizzu

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Need help. I'm pllanning to visit local INS office to get interim EAD. I've applied for EAD one month back. But my EAD is going to expire in another month. So i want to try my luck by trying out for interim EAD(i know the rule that there should be 90 days period). When i try to get infopass appointment which option should i select? Option with 90 days period for iEAD or just want to see an immigration officer? I know some ppl in this forum have tried this out. so just want to know their experiences

Thanks

I booked one yesterday...in the same boat as you.
Applied for EAD renewal first week of January, current EAD expires next week! And I don't see the renewal coming in the near future.
I took the "Want to talk to an immigration officer" route, since its not 90 days yet since I applied for renewal.
Just did not want to be kicked out of the place on the basis of a false statement, even before I have the chance to explain!
:0)
FYI: My appt is next week, a day before the current EAD expires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info atmaramji. mine expires on March 2nd. Please Keep me posted about ur experiences. Are you planning to take any letter from employer? or you just wanna try your luck without any suporting letters

Thanks...
Yes I am taking a letter from my employer that essentially states they would terminate my employment if I don't get an interim EAD or an EAD renewal. Then I would try to perform some histrionics at the USCIS center...after all...all those bollywood movies that I watched might be of help now!
"Merey biwi bachey bhookey mar jayenge...iEAD dedo baabaaa!!!"
;0)

I don't hold much hope, but nothing to lose in trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
any update on this?

Did you get the interim EAD?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

atmaramji said:
Thanks...
Yes I am taking a letter from my employer that essentially states they would terminate my employment if I don't get an interim EAD or an EAD renewal. Then I would try to perform some histrionics at the USCIS center...after all...all those bollywood movies that I watched might be of help now!
"Merey biwi bachey bhookey mar jayenge...iEAD dedo baabaaa!!!"
;0)

I don't hold much hope, but nothing to lose in trying.