Query about I-485 approval

Purplefish

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 has been approved today. Thanks for all your responses, this message board consisted of valuable information.

I have one more question. My I-485 got approved today. My finger prints are expiring next month. So will I get my cards? Or will they ask for finger prints again.?
Normally how many days it takes to get your cards in mail after I-485 approval?

Please suggest.
Thanks

Congratulations!

Enjoy your freedom!
The cards usually come pretty quickly, assuming you've done code 3 biometrics (fingerprints and picture). I got mine after exactly 7 days (TSC filing)
You can monitor the LUD messages - mine changed from "we have approved this application" to " a new card has been ordered" and then "the new card has been mailed" within three days from approval.
I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Card not received yet.

SopCap said:
Enjoy your freedom!
The cards usually come pretty quickly, assuming you've done code 3 biometrics (fingerprints and picture). I got mine after exactly 7 days (TSC filing)
You can monitor the LUD messages - mine changed from "we have approved this application" to " a new card has been ordered" and then "the new card has been mailed" within three days from approval.

Hi, I've done code 3 but it's been 1 month since my approval and I still didnt get the card. Did you know what could be the reasons?? I called the service center, they said my card has not been done yet and my fingerprint is missing. I feel very weird. hope you can help.

bebesf2000 said:
Hi, I've done code 3 but it's been 1 month since my approval and I still didnt get the card. Did you know what could be the reasons?? I called the service center, they said my card has not been done yet and my fingerprint is missing. I feel very weird. hope you can help.

Hmmm, this is indeed strange. Your application is not very old, so there's no way the fingerprints could have expired.... Did they tell you that they will be sending out a biometric appointment, which is the logical thing to do if they think the fingerprints are missing?
I think the best thing to do to get this moving would be to make an infopass appointment to your local USCIS center and bring your passport and approval notice (I hope you did get at least that by now, if not please keep calling them, the approval notice should arrive in less than 30 days). They might be able to send you for biometrics the same day to get the process moving and also stamp your passport with the permanent resident stamp valid for 1 year.

SopCap: How can i monitor LUD messages?

SopCap said:
Enjoy your freedom!

How can i monitor LUD messages?

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD monitoring

EB1-OR said:
How can i monitor LUD messages?
You can go to the USCIS website https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
and create a customer account (you will enter your receipt number for all the applications). If you select the Y option for the e-mail, they will send you a message when the status of your application changes. There are also the LUD's without a status change, (people speculate a lot about what each of them can mean), and for those you don't get an e-mail.
However, once you've created a customer account, if you log in (let's say once a day) you can see if the "last updated" day is the same as before or it has changed. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Yes i have an account and see LUDs but it does not say whether Card is orderd and mailed.
I don't see such messages...