Qsts on Employment letter, affid of support for spouse and IRS 9003

Ind_img

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
1. How many days in advance of the interview can we get this employment letter and get it notarized?

2. How many days in advance of the interview can we get the Affid of support for spouse I-134 notarized?

3. I wont be receiving Packet4 from chennai consulate, so for the form IRS 9003 is Donwloaded and handwritten version okay? I read somewhere that it has to be printed on yellow paper? Is that true.

I want to get these things done early on and i am expecting a Feb interview. Any insights appreciated...

Thanks all
Sujatha

No Title

1. How many days in advance of the interview can we get this employment letter and get it notarized?
A)Anything which is 6 months old is fine. But better to have notarized which is a month old

2. How many days in advance of the interview can we get the Affid of support for spouse I-134 notarized?
A)Better to take before you leave which might be a month old.

3. I wont be receiving Packet4 from chennai consulate, so for the form IRS 9003 is Donwloaded and handwritten version okay? I read somewhere that it has to be printed on yellow paper? Is that true.
A)Handwritten is ok. Its not needed on yellow paper, i have seen people taking it on a normal paper, but not a big deal to get on yellow paper at the same time

Samind/Abu Lafya

I am expecting a Feb interview at chennai.
My company is being taken over by another company.
And they are doing the whole HR process again - Benefits/I9/etc.
Also they are giving a new employment offer letter this week
for all employees. SO can emp. letter be notarized next week,
will it be OK for Feb?

TIA

No Title

You can get it notarized next week, that will be fine. the one which you are going to get with your new company is offer letter where the employment letter for cp is different then the normal offer letter. logically both the things will do but the only difference between these two is employment letter for cp is different which will be addressed to the consulate general. so make sure that you get the employement letter addressing to consulate general.

and second important thing for you is, better make your ground work prepared now itself, have all the articles, webpostings, or paper clips which shows the merger of your old company with the new one, which will be a important document in your case for cp.

samind

my employment letter will be 9 weeks old, when I go for interview.
Will this cause a problem?
Please advise

No Title

there should not be any problem. but only reason why i was asking to take employment letter before you leave is, it takes hardly couple of minutes for your employer to do this and get it notarized.

it wont be a problem it it is 9 weeks old also.
take it easy

Samind/any one

I just got the offer letter. But there is glitch.
The title in my LC,I140, and P3 is Senior Oracle Developer.
But the new offer letter is Software Systems Eng II.

Is this going to be a problem?? what should i do?
Take a separate letter addressing the Consulate and saying
that both titles are same. I am not sure if the HR would
encourage such a thing.

No Title

what ever the position you were holding can change down the road, so logically it should not be a problem. as long as the duties and responsibilities which you were doing while applied LC are there in the current one and can be more then also it should not be a problem.
but one question for you why dont you ask your companies to give you a letter for your cp interview the same way they have applied in your lc, becasue positions are just the interorganizational stuff, so why dont you try first in that way and if you wont get it in that way also its not a problem as i told you as long as you are doing the same set of duties it should not create any problem

No Title

Heard from HR that they have changed titles for all people.
i.e mapped the present titles to new ones based on their HR system/salary etc.
HR said they will give a letter addressed to Consulate but i have
to ask about this title change.

GC Despo

Remember that your paystubs and the employment letter matches. When your company name changes, your pay stubs also change. So, just taking employment letter now would not help much. So, prepare all the documentation for name to support the diffrence in the letter and the stubs.
Also, try to change the tittle. Some people just don\'t know the job duties. They strictly go tittles. Why unnecessary hassles to prove that both positions are same. Better to change the title to I-140 approval/LC.

Try getting one with the old title

My husband was in a similar situation althoughtit was not a merger but a few promotions. His current title is different from what was given on the LC, I-140. The attorney advised him to get a letter with the same title as that in I140. We were told that if the title is different with LC and the job responsibilities are almost same then there is no problem. So i would suggest, try to get a letter with the old title itself (just tell them honestly, that u dont want to encounter any unnecessary immigration probs just bcos of this) and they mostly honor such requests. Infact, the letter can be signed either by your mgr or HR. Mgr is a better route since u might have a relationship with him/her and can explain things a little better.

Hope this helps
Sujatha

Samind - Employment Letter

I thought Employment letter is only for verification. Get it in the company letter head and notarized. Why does it need to be addressed to Consulate General? Is there any particular reason? Please advice.

Employment Letter

Guys, many people are asking what are the required items that need to be present in the Employment Letter. Let us chart it here:

1). You should get the letter in the company letter head.
2). It should be notarized.
3). It should have your name as it is in the passport.
4). It should have the title same as in your LC.
5). It should tell that this job would become permanent when you get your permanent residency.
6). It should state your salary.
7). The salary should match (approximately) the LC - Normal raises OK.
8). It should be signed by authorized personnal.
9). It should state the hire date.

Anything else, please add or modify. Superman, GC_Despo, Rajsri, Abu_Lafya - give your input.