Q4 (OCT-DEC) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

D/O : Milwaukee, WI
12/18/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
12/22/08 : Forwarded to Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox.
12/29/08 : USPS (A notice was left at PO Box 21251).
12/29/08 : USPS ( mail delivered).
01/05/09 : Check cached
01/08/09 : NOA Received
01/12/09 : FP Notice Received.
01/21/09 : FP Done.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Hello ncgirl,
I have not received my fingerprint notice yet, and I started to worry a bit.
By looking at your N-400 timeline, it seems like you never got to do fingerprint, is what it
is?

Hello ncgirl,
I have not received my fingerprint notice yet, and I started to worry a bit.
By looking at your N-400 timeline, it seems like you never got to do fingerprint, is what it
is?

DoxATL,
Yes,that was what happened.I never received FP notice.Do you know how long your last FP is valid for?

DoxATL,
Yes,that was what happened.I never received FP notice.Do you know how long your last FP is valid for?

Thx ncgirl for response. No I don't know how long a FP is valid for. I had my last in February 14th 2008 (about 11 months ago).
I am worrying because I applied for N400, and all the people who applied after have already received or done their FP. I have seen couple cases like yours where there was no FP.
I hope that's what my case is

I received my interview letter today.Will be March 09,2009.Yay!!!!

NCGirl, Congratulations!!!!!
Wow! You actually got your IL without FP, just like you thought it would be!
You must be really relieved now. It’s wonderful news and I am very happy for you!

Got 4 letters from USCIS (2 for self, 2 for my better half), the first two indicated a interview schedule, the second two informing us of interview deschedule. So, we are pretty much where we are. Waiting for the interview NOA. Anyone in the same situation?

Hi! I from the same DO and our timelines are very close.
Those 4 letters came together? Same day? Why they even bother sending you the interview and cancellation notices all at the same time? Like a tease.
I’m wondering if they really scheduling November applicants already in Tampa or if it was just a mistake in your case… My PD is three days ahead of yours, but my notice says 730 days :(, I wonder why.. Oh, well, the time will tell. Keep posting, please!

Received duplicate receipt

Yesterday I received a duplicate receipt from NBC but has no new info on it. Is this common practice? Has anyone else received such duplicate receipt?

DoxATL,
I think that will be your case.Your FP is good thru May 14th because it stays valid for 15 months.So you probably are already on the queue for interview,.To be double sure,I would call the 1-800 number and speak to a level 2 officer to confirm this.

JaneGreen,
Thanks so much.I hope you get yours soon...

My interview experience in Milwaukee

The Milwaukee DO looked busy. There is a separate waiting area for Citizenship and Adjustment of Status interviews. There were 6 people waiting when I arrived. Another 2 arrived while I was waiting. It seems they allow people other than the applicant into the waiting area. The older woman sitting next to me had two people who had accompanied her. They did not go into the interview room however.

I put my interview letter in the little mail-slot and waited. The officer called me at the exact time on the appointment letter. He walked me to his office and asked me to raise my right hand and swore me in. He asked me for my green card gave me the option of the old or new test. I opted for the new test. I applied after Oct’08 and did not think the old test was an option.

He asked me 5 questions. Then he asked me to read one of the questions and write the answer on a separate sheet of paper. After that, he verified my address and asked me to sign the application.

Then he filled out an N-652 with check marks next to “You passed the tests of English….” and “ Congratulations your application was recommended for approval….”

It was over in less than 5 minutes.

I had the full set of naturalization documents mentioned in the forum Sticky but only had to show my green card.

Good luck with your interview