10/08/08: Applied N400 and sent it
10/11/08: USPS Confirmed Delivery
10/14/08: Check Cashed
10/14/08: Notice Date
10/22/08: Received Date
10/14/08: Priority Date
11/03/08: FP Notice Received
11/20/08: FP Appointment
11/08/08: FP Newark Walk in done(sat 10am)
12/28/08: Interview letter received.
02/12/09: Interview date @ 8:30am in Newark
02/12/09: Interview done. Was in @ 8:am, came out @ 2pm after oath. (Noticed that the interview person had all my records including tax W2 from 1997)
(Total time : 4 months and 4 days)
02/13/09: Applied USA passport - Expedited.
02/20/09: Received US passport.
02/23/09: Applied for India OCI card.

Best of luck to everyone out there and thanks to this forum.

Congrats ! Could you please share your interview experience with us.

VA - DC District Office in VA

10/31/2008 - N400 Sent
11/04/2008 - Application Received
11/06/2008 - Check Cashed.
12/10/2008 - FP Date
02/10/2009 - Interview
I received approval - wife didn't - something about awaiting another A-file - does anybody know anything about this?

Waiting for Oath letter.

-- r

I received my interview letter. My interview is scheduled for 1PM Baltimore. Is it possible to get the same day oath? Please, advise.

US Citizen

Passed interview yesterday and became a citizen.
Thank you all for your support and advise.
This forum has been a great help.
Good luck to all.

Chicago interview experience

PD: 9/18/08
FP: 10/14/08
IL:1/30/09
ID:3/24/09
5 yrs GC
Chicago DO

spent about 15 minutes at parking agarage next to interview building to get car parked, $19 for a day, the garage is one block south of Congress on Clark st at your right.

checked in at 3rd floor at 101 W Congress PKWY about 9:40am for 10:45am appointment. They were running late, when I got called, It was about 12:30. It just took less than 15 minutes total in interview officer office to answer all questions. She didn't ask any other documents other than driver's license, passport, green card. She printed out the test pages from computer, the questions were:

The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
In what month do we vote for President?
Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
Who is "The Father of Our Country"?
Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.

to read: WHY do people come to America?
to write: People come to be free.

Waited another 15 minutes to get oath letter. It was long wait there, but I was happy to have it done.

One side note, some people did have cell phone with them in the waiting area, one guy even made a call before a officer stopped him.

good luck!

Citizen at last! Thank you immigrationportal!

Done interview and oath the same day (nice, since I had to take a plane to Honolulu and stay at the hotel)
Interview was at 8:50 am, but had to wait maybe half an hour, the officer later said they had computer trouble.
After waiting for my number to be called, immigration officer invited and swore me in (very pleasant middle-age guy, not a word of chatter, but nice and friendly), asked for my green card and passport, not driver's license, then for my birth certificate, I guess to compare to the copy they had in my file (I could see it upside down), asked about other names, about patronymic (that only appeared in the birth certificate and nowhere else), about my marital status, my date of birth, SS number (all of which of course was in my application), and went through all application - addresses, trips (I explained that I didn't have exact travel dates for my 2 earlier trips, beyond 5 years limit, since I had to renew my passport, he said it was OK). Asked about my one speeding ticket (everybody's favorite subject :)) - I gave him traffic abstract showing this one ticket, and court disposition (3 lines of numbers that I didn't understand), and also check copy and bank statement showing payment, since I didn't keep the receipt, he said he will put it all in the file. Then he asked all those questions about being member of organizations. Asked to sign photos (on the side, full name, no initials) and a piece of paper for certificate. One sentence to read and one to write - something like "They go to a grocery store" and "His wife worked in the house". I chose old test, answered 6 questions (what stars on the flag stand for, how many states in the union, what month we vote for president, what is the most important right granted to citizens, who is the vice-president now, and one more, don't remember). Gave me the form checked "You passes the exam" and "Congratulations!", said wait for supervisor approval (about 20 min), and then they gave me the oath form and said to come back at 2 pm.
Oath was very casual, in the same place, at the end the officer wanted us to say pledge of allegiance, and they had to wait for somebody to go and get the flag. All has taken maybe half and hour. At that point everybody was friendly and smiling, even security.
I want to thank all members of this forum for invaluable information about the whole process. I am sure it all went smoothly because I knew what to expect thanks to all of you! Thank you!!! And food luck to everybody who is still going through this journey!

Updated (received IL finally!!) so mine is 5mths and counting, prob be like 7-8mths when its all said and done. Detroit office is super slow, I see many people on here who filed with me that have finished.

Mailed N400 to NSC (Priority mail w/ delivery confirmation) received Sep 2, 08
Check cashed Sep 24, 08
NOA received Oct 3, 08
PD Sep 23, 08
FP letter received: Oct 9, 08
FP: Oct 16, 08 (painless process, took about 20mins in GR)

IL: Feb 25, 2009
ID: March 31, 2009

My mom's ID is March 23, she rescheduled from a Dec interview, had to go out of town. Hers went quick though, cause her FP was mid Sep, IL received in Nov

Detroit office

Had mine march 31, interview was at 9:30am, got there around 9:05am, dropped interview paper at the counter box in the room. They called me around 9:30 or so. Straight fwd, I was only asked 7 questions, you only need 6 to pass. I was asked the president, colors of the flag, who becomes pres after pres and vp dies, when was constitution written, the one about the 4 amendments, cant remember the other 2 but very simple. Took about 15mins max. I forgot to bring passport pics, so had to go to the office attached to the building to get it, 2 for $15, 4 for $20.
Had me print my name on the pics, gave me form saying I passed interview, and said I'll get oath letter in 2-4 weeks, if I dont hear back in 60days, he gave me a paper to call the 1-800# or their supervisor # there.
Interview was a breeze, dont even sweat it.
I thank God just the ceremonial Oath left, and I can call this process a done deal!
my mom got her oath letter 8days after her interview which was last week, so expecting mine early next week!

Journey is Over

Dear All,

I finally got yesterday my Oath.

Thanks a lot for all support in the forum.

My only recommendation is to follow up very strictly your application and (as in my case) open a Service request if your case is outside normal processing time.
(In my case Service Request led to IL after a couple of weeks).

Good luck to everyone and Thanks again