Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

No news.

I call 1-800 to check my service request an a IO told me that they are transferring my case to the DO and that they assigned a IO to this task (I wonder what they did the last 6 mo)

When I asked when they think DO will receive my file the same vague answer "check back in one mo bla, bla" ...

I hope everything goes well for you and you get your citizenship soon.

Pdak,

I was told that I was place on Q for interview on 1/26/09 too. I still haven't received my IL yet. What do you think? I would appreciate your input

Pdak,

I was told that I was place on Q for interview on 1/26/09 too. I still haven't received my IL yet. What do you think? I would appreciate your input

After being put on the queue, it really depends on how busy your local DO is. I am at Newark DO which is fairly fast.

Thank you all for your prompt reply.
The officer did not mention that IL was sent. I am with the Baltimore office and my priority date is 9-26-08

When I started inquiring on my case (no activity for 1 yr 1 month), I was told I was placed in queue for interview on 9/22/08. Then at Infopass at the end of Oct they told me I was just sent for FBI name check at in Oct and had no record. ok, shouldn't Name check be done before placed in queue for interview? the in queue for interview, I don't think it means much. Start calling USCIS and request to speak to a 2nd Lv IO. Do not speak to anyone other than a 2nd LV IO. For real the first people you speak to, think they know your case ... but they don't have access to it. 2nd LV IO started to know me by voice. I was always assertive and friendly. I had an IO tell me to put a few status inquiries, she told me that if I bug them it might make them look into my file :) hope it helps

ibouimmigration, it makes a lot of sense after my constant inquiries

When I started inquiring on my case (no activity for 1 yr 1 month), I was told I was placed in queue for interview on 9/22/08. Then at Infopass at the end of Oct they told me I was just sent for FBI name check at in Oct and had no record. ok, shouldn't Name check be done before placed in queue for interview? the in queue for interview, I don't think it means much. Start calling USCIS and request to speak to a 2nd Lv IO. Do not speak to anyone other than a 2nd LV IO. For real the first people you speak to, think they know your case ... but they don't have access to it. 2nd LV IO started to know me by voice. I was always assertive and friendly. I had an IO tell me to put a few status inquiries, she told me that if I bug them it might make them look into my file :) hope it helps

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will start calling everyday from now on.

cregan,
How were you able to speak to a 2nd LV IO every time you called?

They'll try to tell you that you don't have to speak to a 2nd LV IO, but insist. If you ask, they have to transfer you. If they get upset, and they hang up, call back. There are lots of first answer representative. In my case, I've been outside the normal processing time, so I would ask to speak to a 2nd LV IO, they would ask why and I would tell them I talked to them before and they told me to make sure to call back and speak with an 2nd LV IO or I would tell them I was disconnected and I'm calling back. It is a difference speaking to them, that's the only accurate information I received :)

I just called USCIS and was told that they sent IL on 1/26/09 for a interview in March. At least something is coming, I thought I should have been an USC by now, but now it will be another couple of month sometime in April. I wished they could do it faster than this. waiting for OL will be another pain. Good Luck!

Did you get the IL?

Did you get the IL?

I got the IL letter the very same day. I contacted my US Rep's office, they wrote to Chicago office to inquery. Actually I got both IL and US Rep. office letter(saying I have been scheduled for interview) same day. I'm not sure if the Congressman office's inquery had made any difference on my case. I am also what I thought a easy case with good records on everything and should deserve a lot quicker process, but it has been a slow process. If you are not getting anything, you may want to talk to the Congressperson or something, It is hard to see other later filers' action but not self's old case.

I got the IL letter the very same day. I contacted my US Rep's office, they wrote to Chicago office to inquery. Actually I got both IL and US Rep. office letter(saying I have been scheduled for interview) same day. I'm not sure if the Congressman office's inquery had made any difference on my case. I am also what I thought a easy case with good records on everything and should deserve a lot quicker process, but it has been a slow process. If you are not getting anything, you may want to talk to the Congressperson or something, It is hard to see other later filers' action but not self's old case.

Thanks, let's wait the outcome of my service request (they have until 2/16 to answer).

The IO told me that I was placed on queue for interview but they don't have any specific date schedule yet. My priority date is 9-26-09 and I was placed on Q on 1-26-09. I am with VSC, baltimore. He told me that it could take 2 months. What do you think?

The IO told me that I was placed on queue for interview but they don't have any specific date schedule yet. My priority date is 9-26-09 and I was placed on Q on 1-26-09. I am with VSC, baltimore. He told me that it could take 2 months. What do you think?

I didn't get any info about being placed on queue, after my file was after the normal processing times (5 mo for S.Antonio) I open a service request that (very likely) lead to IL.

Calling from service reqeust opening I got the following answers on teh phone (always from an IO):

1) After 2 weeks: we assign a IO on your case
2) After 3 weeks: your file is almost ready to be transfer to your DO
3) After 3.5 weeks: your interview date is 3/18

5 days after I got the IL.

My suggestion is to open a service request.

I hope it helps.