Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

No I did not called for Infopass or service request, fotunately IL came in time. I was planning to go fo Infopass in early Feb 2009 though.

N400 timelines

Below is my N400 timeline, Germantown, MD

09/22/08 : Mailed application to VSC
09/24/08 : Application received
09/24/08 : Check cashed
09/26/08 : Receipt date
10/16/08 : Received FP
11/04/08 : FP done
--/--/-- : IL (still waiting)
--/--/-- : IL Passed
--/--/-- : OL Received
--/--/-- : Oath date

I called IO several times and took Infopass appt as well.
I am told everything is clear (name check, fp, etc) since October.
Wondering why the interview has not been scheduled.
Anyone having the same experience?

I called up USCIS today. They said I have been put in the queue for an interview. Some positive news for me....

I called up USCIS today. They said I have been put in the queue for an interview. Some positive news for me....

I am happy for you!

A rep told you that at 1-800 or you request to speak to a IO?

Based on 3yr marriage San Antonio Field Office

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008
N-400 Priority Date 08/08/2008
Fingerprints Letter Received 08/26/2008
Fingerprints Done 09/10/2008
Interview Additional Document needed 09/09/2008
Interview Letter Received NOT YET

I am happy for you!

A rep told you that at 1-800 or you request to speak to a IO?

Based on 3yr marriage San Antonio Field Office

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008
N-400 Priority Date 08/08/2008
Fingerprints Letter Received 08/26/2008
Fingerprints Done 09/10/2008
Interview Additional Document needed 09/09/2008
Interview Letter Received NOT YET

Spoke to IO.

Received passport

Tracker update :

08/30/08 : Mailed application
09/02/08 : Application received
09/04/08 : Check cashed
09/08/08 : Receipt date [date 09/02/08]
09/12/08 : Received FP notice [date 09/09/08] :
10/01/08 : FP
10/31/08 : IL Notice received
12/4/08 : IL Passed
12/30/08 : OL Received - dated 27th December 2008
1/21/09 : Oath date at 9.15 a.m.
1/21/09 : Applied for passport expedite service
1/30/09 : Received passport

Here is my update:

TSC - Tampa DO

09/08/2008: N-400 application Mailed to TSC
09/12/2008: Application received by TSC, tracking on the USPS
09/12/2008: Priority date
09/15/2008: Check cashed
09/18/2008: NOA1 Received (notice date 09/16/2008, expect interview notice within 730 days. Application transfered to NBC)
09/29/2008: NOA2 Received/fingerprint letter (notice date 09/24/2008)
10/17/2008: FP Scheduled
11/6/2008: NOA3 Received/interview letter
1/15/2009: interview date - Approved!
1/26/2009: Oath Letter
2/23/2009: Oath Date

you can speak to IO

called 1-800 # to check my service request status

they don't want to give me an IO on the phone; they have until Feb 16 (1 mo from my service request) to provide me an answer.

Frustrating...

Hey David,
you CAN speak to IO over the phone (and they will tell you if the IL was sent or you are still in the queue) - tell cust repr that you sent your application more than a month ago and didn't get a receipt (as far as I know, it's the only way) - dial the regular number, then 1-2-3. You should get about the same info as if you had Infopass. Some officers are more friendly than others, and will actually give you a date of the last action.
Hope you get your IL soon,
peelua

Hey David,
you CAN speak to IO over the phone (and they will tell you if the IL was sent or you are still in the queue) - tell cust repr that you sent your application more than a month ago and didn't get a receipt (as far as I know, it's the only way) - dial the regular number, then 1-2-3. You should get about the same info as if you had Infopass. Some officers are more friendly than others, and will actually give you a date of the last action.
Hope you get your IL soon,
peelua

Thanks for the suggestion!

But what if the IO understands the trick and get pissed?

Is it possible that happens?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion!

But what if the IO understands the trick and get pissed?

Is it possible that happens?

Thanks

If one rep won't transfer you, call again until you get someone who will. You don't have to lie if it makes you nervous -- just tell them that you were previously taken out of the interview queue because your file hadn't been transferred from the service center to the district office and you demand to talk to an immigration officer to see if the file's been transferred yet.

I've hung up on a customer service rep when she got condescending -- with no ill effects as far as I can tell. (Can't stand stupid people who think they're smart.)

Hello everyone:

My time line:

Chicago DO 5 yrs GC

9/19/2008 N-400 sent
10/14/2008 FPed

called USCIS, was told that my file was put in the Q for interviewing on 10/22/2008. But so far no IL or anything from USCIS. I am seeing some folks from Chicago area who filed in Oct. and Nov have got their IL already. I am very frustrated. Should I be worried??

Its really not hard at all to talk to people on the fone, a white lie & be polite its all that it will take to get to the next level of service reps. Thay are all people like us, just doing their jobs.:)

I just tried my luck & it took less than 10mins & was told that I'm scheduled for oath on March 4th.:D Just have to sit tight for few more days till that oath letter is in my hands.;)

Should I be worried

My priority date is 9-26-2008 and I live in Maryland. I filed with VSC. I am still waiting for my IL. Should I call USCIS? is it taking too long?

I just called USCIS and was told that they sent IL on 1/26/09 for a interview in March. At least something is coming, I thought I should have been an USC by now, but now it will be another couple of month sometime in April. I wished they could do it faster than this. waiting for OL will be another pain. Good Luck!

Interview scheduled

Interview letter sent on Friday. Interview scheduled for March 11.
Finally...

Received a call from an officer yesterday and I was asked if I would like to participate in the special oath ceremony at the City Hall on friday the 6th. He faxed me 3 pages which I need to bring to the ceremony. I had to fax him back a release form. Will let you know how it goes on friday.

Received a call from an officer yesterday and I was asked if I would like to participate in the special oath ceremony at the City Hall on friday the 6th. He faxed me 3 pages which I need to bring to the ceremony. I had to fax him back a release form. Will let you know how it goes on friday.

"Received a call from an officer yesterday"

Wow I can't believe it...seriously,,,,

Gonecase, congrats
david_austin, any recent news?

No news.

I call 1-800 to check my service request an a IO told me that they are transferring my case to the DO and that they assigned a IO to this task (I wonder what they did the last 6 mo)

When I asked when they think DO will receive my file the same vague answer "check back in one mo bla, bla" ...