Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Got my yellow letter yesterday. They asked:
1. Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card;
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

I mentioned two speeding tickets (less than $500 fine and no alcohol and drug related) which I took classes to remove the point. So I have copies of certificate from both classes and the check copy for the payment. Don't know if it is sufficient to show or I have to go to court to get some records. One of them is almost five years ago, don't know if court still kept the records.

One small step towards interview, anyway...

Congratulatins Raj.

Did the IO state that they stopped doing same day oaths for this particular week or the day of your interview. Or did he say they stopped doing same day oaths indefinitely? thanks.

He said they stopped doing same day Oath from the last couple of weeks. My cousin went to interview on 20-Jul-09 and they didnt do Oath for her and she got a letter after couple of weeks with a Oath date of 24-Aug-09.

Thanks all for the Wishes and Good Luck to all of you who are waiting in the process including me for Oath.

Got my yellow letter yesterday. They asked:
1. Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card;
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

I mentioned two speeding tickets (less than $500 fine and no alcohol and drug related) which I took classes to remove the point. So I have copies of certificate from both classes and the check copy for the payment. Don't know if it is sufficient to show or I have to go to court to get some records. One of them is almost five years ago, don't know if court still kept the records.

One small step towards interview, anyway...

Same exact situation here. Got the yellow letter yesterday. Also mentioned a ticket (less than $500) and was told as you indicate in number 2. I have a copy of my driver's record from the state where I got the ticket, have a carbon copy of the citation and proof of online payment.

Same exact situation here. Got the yellow letter yesterday. Also mentioned a ticket (less than $500) and was told as you indicate in number 2. I have a copy of my driver's record from the state where I got the ticket, have a carbon copy of the citation and proof of online payment.

will you go to court to get the court dispositions to show the results? I will order a certified driving record from State DPS, and one of the tickets I have a copy of personal check to show my payment. For both tickets, I have driving defense class certificates. Should i still need go to court to get the court disposition? Thanks for all your information.

will you go to court to get the court dispositions to show the results? I will order a certified driving record from State DPS, and one of the tickets I have a copy of personal check to show my payment. For both tickets, I have driving defense class certificates. Should i still need go to court to get the court disposition? Thanks for all your information.

I never went to court. In fact, when I requested driver history from Florida (which is where the offense occured) it was not even on the record since it was purged. Whatever documents you have, that should be fine.

Cpzinga,

She may have asked all 10 questions... but those are the only questions I can remember off the top of my head. She will write down my answers as I reply. I recall she went all the way down to the end... before she began with the read and write sections... It was quick..... Most of the time she did not finish the question before I asnwered it.

Congrats medpharm13. Looks like everything went very well.. You should receive your oath letter very soon.
BTW, Why did she ask you 8 questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
I passed my Interview today. I was called in at 9.50 AM (for 9.45 am Appmt.) and done by 9.55 AM. Straight forward case with only two trips to india. No arrest no charge etc...
I got a nice, very serious and respectful IO (old lady) asked me to take oath first and reviewed my application with me. She had a big file with piles of papers (My J1 H1b green card papers). She asked me where i work now and how long. I work as a scientist in one of bay areas top biotech companies. She said thats a great place to work and she knows a lot about that campany. She complimeted me saying "you guys do a great job in saving people's lives".

Ok the six questions were
1. One war faught in 1900
2. who is Chief Justice
3. House of representatives has how many voting members?
4. We elect representatives for how many years
5. When do we vote for president
6. who is father of usa

Reading. Who is George Washington
writing. Geoge Washington was the first president.

She looked so serious I did not ask her about taking oath next week. I will wait for the letter. Hopefully I will be scheduled for sep 9 ceremony.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their journey to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed the interview and got the Oath Letter for 8/19/09

I had my interview at 8.10am this morning. I was called sharp at 8.10 and I was out of the building at 8.30am with my Oath Letter for 8/19/09. I did not want to take the oath myself on 8/19 as my husband is still waiting for his interview. I asked the officer if he can allow me to talk to my hubby (who was waiting for me in the waiting area) and confirm. The IO came out with me and I saw my husband standing right outside. I asked him in front of the IO and he said "of course, take it" he hugged me with excitement and the officer made a comment that you seem to be a very "happy couple" and asked me to wait for 5 minutes to take the oath letter. He also wished my husband "good luck" with his upcoming interview.

Couple of things to note:

- always carry a black pen for the interview. I had a blue ink open on me and had to borrow one from the IO (as he was nice to me, may be)

- don't keep the file/folder with your papers open in front of the IO. Some of them don't like it. My IO asked me to close it as he didn't want any paperwork from me.

Otherwise, my interview went very very smooth. I reached there with my husband at about 7.55am. Asked the security if they can allow my sweetheart with me. He said, he can, if he has his ID. We had our cell phones GPS device everything in our backpack and they checked them in without any problem. At the reception in the 2nd floor the girl took my IL and handed me over a Passport Form and asked me to wait to be called for the interview. As mentioned eralier, I was called sharp at 8.10 and after the swearing in etc. we straightway went to the business.. questions, writing and reading and quickly a simple question about my traffic ticket back in 2000 (i had mentioned it in my n400). That's it and then he asked me if I would like to be scheduled for 9/19 oath. I said, I could, but would like to do it together with my husband and if I can check with him (who's sitting outside)..

this forum has been quite informative and I would recommend every potential n400ers to really be a part of this forum and exchange their ideas.

Thanks everybody and good luck

Hi Guys
I passed my Interview today. I was called in at 9.50 AM (for 9.45 am Appmt.) and done by 9.55 AM. Straight forward case with only two trips to india. No arrest no charge etc...
I got a nice, very serious and respectful IO (old lady) asked me to take oath first and reviewed my application with me. She had a big file with piles of papers (My J1 H1b green card papers). She asked me where i work now and how long. I work as a scientist in one of bay areas top biotech companies. She said thats a great place to work and she knows a lot about that campany. She complimeted me saying "you guys do a great job in saving people's lives".

Ok the six questions were
1. One war faught in 1900
2. who is Chief Justice
3. House of representatives has how many voting members?
4. We elect representatives for how many years
5. When do we vote for president
6. who is father of usa

Reading. Who is George Washington
writing. Geoge Washington was the first president.

She looked so serious I did not ask her about taking oath next week. I will wait for the letter. Hopefully I will be scheduled for sep 9 ceremony.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their journey to complete.

Congrats SF2009...

I had my interview at 8.10am this morning. I was called sharp at 8.10 and I was out of the building at 8.30am with my Oath Letter for 8/19/09. I did not want to take the oath myself on 8/19 as my husband is still waiting for his interview. I asked the officer if he can allow me to talk to my hubby (who was waiting for me in the waiting area) and confirm. The IO came out with me and I saw my husband standing right outside. I asked him in front of the IO and he said "of course, take it" he hugged me with excitement and the officer made a comment that you seem to be a very "happy couple" and asked me to wait for 5 minutes to take the oath letter. He also wished my husband "good luck" with his upcoming interview.

Couple of things to note:

- always carry a black pen for the interview. I had a blue ink open on me and had to borrow one from the IO (as he was nice to me, may be)

- don't keep the file/folder with your papers open in front of the IO. Some of them don't like it. My IO asked me to close it as he didn't want any paperwork from me.

Otherwise, my interview went very very smooth. I reached there with my husband at about 7.55am. Asked the security if they can allow my sweetheart with me. He said, he can, if he has his ID. We had our cell phones GPS device everything in our backpack and they checked them in without any problem. At the reception in the 2nd floor the girl took my IL and handed me over a Passport Form and asked me to wait to be called for the interview. As mentioned eralier, I was called sharp at 8.10 and after the swearing in etc. we straightway went to the business.. questions, writing and reading and quickly a simple question about my traffic ticket back in 2000 (i had mentioned it in my n400). That's it and then he asked me if I would like to be scheduled for 9/19 oath. I said, I could, but would like to do it together with my husband and if I can check with him (who's sitting outside)..

this forum has been quite informative and I would recommend every potential n400ers to really be a part of this forum and exchange their ideas.

Thanks everybody and good luck

Congrats and all the best...

Congratulation! JSlade. However, this is the first time I see the civic test took before review of the profile. Good that you get the oath letter right after your interview. I don't see that a lot in San Jose DO.

Congratulation! JSlade. However, this is the first time I see the civic test took before review of the profile. Good that you get the oath letter right after your interview. I don't see that a lot in San Jose DO.

Thank you WishAllGood.
Looks like Boston DO is little different from other DOs. I remember reading some posts in Boston thread with similar process (civic test first, interview later). Yes, it is good that I don't have to again wait for oath letter, I can just prepare for oath :)

Was told about my interview date over the phone today (see updated signature).

thanks for your update.

I just called USCIS again, they told me I should expect my IL in next week or following week, but they can't give me the date for the interview. Three weeks ago, I called and they told me my name check hadn't finished yet. Sounds like they finished my name check and are scheduling my interview. I hope so. Any Q2 fillers update recently especially those who did not get IL?

thanks for your update.

I just called USCIS again, they told me I should expect my IL in next week or following week, but they can't give me the date for the interview. Three weeks ago, I called and they told me my name check hadn't finished yet. Sounds like they finished my name check and are scheduling my interview. I hope so. Any Q2 fillers update recently especially those who did not get IL?

Did they tell you that you are in Q for interview or they already assigned the date but did not tell you. Thank you