Q: rescheduling fingerprinting/biometrics for the spouse

tom2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everybody!

I am quite confused about the situation and I would appreciate if you could shed some light or has personal experience about this following:

1) may a husband reschedule the fingerprinting/biometrics appointment for his spouse if she is abroad (studying) at the time when the appointment notice is received and knowing that she isn't able to be back to the U.S. for the scheduled date/time? Is it legally accepted for the husband, who is a principal applicant of I-485, to do it in behalf of the wife, who filed I-485 as a "dependant"?

2) Is there any time frame for how long the fingerprinting/biometrics appointment may be postponed (90 days or etc.)?

Thanks to everybody who will take time to comment on it!

Hi,
One of my friend had similar problem like you and contacted the customer service to reschedule his biometric (code 2, after his 485 approval.) and customer service rep refused to reschedule the biometric and told him clearly, if they are not appearing before the stated time, there application would be abandoned.

--shishe

FP Rescheduling

Actually, one can go for fingerprinting any Wednesday after the scheduled date. The FP notice will state what is the last date by which one has to complete the FP to ensure that the application is not considered abandoned. Check for this date and ensure that you go for FP on any wednesday after the scheduled date.

I did the same thing for my FP and went about two weeks after the scheduled date. Did not have any problems and actually have my Card now (both myself and spouse).

However, if your wife is not going to back by the last date on the FP notice, you should not have a problem rescheduling the date if she is a derivative applicant. The reason, I say this is because I first called VSC to find out if I could reschedule since neither my wife nor I could go on the scheduled date and the lady I spoke to said she would have no problem rescheduling the date although she couldn't say how long it would take for us to get the FP notice again.
Sukku

tom2003 said:
Hi, everybody!

I am quite confused about the situation and I would appreciate if you could shed some light or has personal experience about this following:

1) may a husband reschedule the fingerprinting/biometrics appointment for his spouse if she is abroad (studying) at the time when the appointment notice is received and knowing that she isn't able to be back to the U.S. for the scheduled date/time? Is it legally accepted for the husband, who is a principal applicant of I-485, to do it in behalf of the wife, who filed I-485 as a "dependant"?

2) Is there any time frame for how long the fingerprinting/biometrics appointment may be postponed (90 days or etc.)?

Thanks to everybody who will take time to comment on it!

Last edited by a moderator: