Q about AP. Important Pl Help

jainsan

Registered Users (C)
I applied AP on 6/14/01 and got approval notice on 8/07/01. But I never got Actual Advance Parole. I called INS three times and every time I get new person and they say that they will pull up my file and will update on comp. Once they said they will call me back on my cell no. But you they are INS people as usual they were never able to pull up my info.
Now I need to go to India and I don\'t have AP.
I asked IIO whether I could goto Local INS office and show them my approval notice so then could I get my AP from there.
They said that your case is processed here so they will not give it to you.

Gurus pl help what to do in this case.
Thanks

Notification.... not approval

What you got was a Notification... which means , they are processing your AP... (usually you receive that notification 2 months after you filed your request for AP)

Check the AVM

I don\'t recall getting an \'approval notice\' for the AP. I got the receipt notice and then the AP came in the mail. Call the AVM and check the status of your EAC# for the AP (this should be on the AP receipt notice, and is different from the I-485 EAC#)

Do you really need the AP

If you are still maintaining H1 status and have not started using the EAD (have you gotten your EAD yet? usually comes a little after the AP) and the H1 is valid till the time you expect to be back, you should be able to go and return as an H1 visa holder if you have to go to India now.