Purchase of house without greencard

MuraliHK

Hi everyone,
I need some one to suggest, wheather I am eligible to buy a house property with out a greencard. I am on h1 visa, and we are in US since 2 years. I appricate any suggestions or quoting similar experice with some of you.

Regards

Murali

No Title

Hi ,

There are no rules as such that you need Greencard to Buy house ,but people do wait till they get the GC for security and again it all depends upon individual decisions,situation...

IC

No Title

Of course you can buy immovable/movable property without a green card.But remember this:If you do not get residence status in the US,you\'ll have to leave the property behind.Also,you will be held responsible for the maintenance of the property in your absence as you are the owner.That is why people wait till they get their green card at least.

No Title

I have a H1 and my company is applying for the C. Also I have bought a house. My idea is If I see the end of the H1 coming I will try to sell the house or rent it and leave a power of attorney to sell the house.

I got a conventional mortgage and I could not get a 80/15/5 mortgage but I got the house.

Hope this help

No Title

Could you explain the difference between a conventional mortgage and a 80/15/5?
I ask cos I am planning on buying a house once my EAD is approved.

No Title

a conv mortgage is one where u pay dp of 3% or 5% and the rest is
loaned to u as a 30-yr fixed rate. the interest rate gets locked-in
on the day u sign the purchase contract. other mortages are the 8-1/7-1/5-1 where the dp is 20% of the pur price and have a fixed low in rate for the intial term (8yrs or 7yrs or 5yrs..) and then the mortgage co adjusts it rate every \'n\' yrs (n is the second number in the mortgage type, in my example it\'s one). normally 8-1/7-1 r not allowed for non-residents/citizens. whereas fanniemae/freddiemac encourage banks to loan h1\'s on a conv mortgage since 1998. hope all this info helps u!
p.s: i\'m on a h1 and a home owner. there\'s no req to have a gc to get a home. Also re-selling a home in the next 3-4yrs will be no problem because of the demand-supply gap that\'s curr existing.

No Title

I am on H1B1 but still my visa is not endorsed on the passport as there was no need for me to travelout of country.
Am a British National & dont need visa to enter USA. Do I still need to get my H1B1 stamped. What happened if H1B1 is refused at US eounsilate in Canada as I can still enter US

Is any one there to answer.
Also going to Montreal : any good hotel near US consulate
Please reply