Provisional or permanent green card?...

BlackStripes

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I was talking to my wife (American Citizen) and we were wondering about our situation.

We got married in March 05 and we got interviewed about 9 months after that. As many of you, i am still waiting for the infamous "name check".

Now, my wife is joining the air force and probably we will be separated for several months. She will be stationed in a base 4 hrs from our house.

My question is: During our interview, we had only one year of marriage, now thanks to the NC wait, we have more than 2. When all this is done and approved, do we need another interview?... do i get a provisional GC? How do they know we are still married?..

I know i might not get the NC done during the next 100 years, but i am still optimistic :D

thanks again!

If your wife is joining the Air Force, you can actually request an expedited name check processing. Have your wife write letters to USCIS, FBI, and the first lady, mentioning the fact that she has joined the Air Force and she would like your case processing expedited.

Usually, they have expedited processing (of background checks) for military personnel and their spouses.

No, we are just basically waiting. I am going to look into this. thanks for the advice!!!

So, if we get the expedite process, do i get the provisional? the permanent GC? do we have another interview?

the same situation happened to me, i got married in Jan 2005 and got my first interview in Dec 2005 (filed my applications in march 2005) so my first interview came after 9 months like you

then i have been waiting for the NC untill last month April 2007, i went to ask about my case, the office asked me to submit the famous documnets ( utility bills, bank accounts, joint tax, pictures) after i took everything to her she stamped my PP and sent me my Permnanet GC after 2 weeks without second interview.

JUST BE PATIANT:)

the same situation happened to me, i got married in Jan 2005 and got my first interview in Dec 2005 (filed my applications in march 2005) so my first interview came after 9 months like you

then i have been waiting for the NC untill last month April 2007, i went to ask about my case, the office asked me to submit the famous documnets ( utility bills, bank accounts, joint tax, pictures) after i took everything to her she stamped my PP and sent me my Permnanet GC after 2 weeks without second interview.

JUST BE PATIANT:)

That makes sense!!

Thank you for your answer.!!