Protective order

Samkol

Hi I am in this situation, my wife and I are involved in a critical situation argument, police came around that day. I file restraining order against her and she filed against me and we went for the final hearing and she was granted. She said she would take the restraining order to immigration for me not to get my 10years green card. My question is, will the Protective order affect me filling for my 10years green card.

Hi I am in this situation, my wife and I are involved in a critical situation argument, police came around that day. I file restraining order against her and she filed against me and we went for the final hearing and she was granted. She said she would take the restraining order to immigration for me not to get my 10years green card. My question is, will the Protective order affect me filling for my 10years green card.
I assume you have a 2 year conditional GC!!

Your wife is the USC? Who petitioned for you?

Yes, she’s the USC and she petitioned for me.
Yeaaa!!!
She can cause all sorts of problems for you.
Get a lawyer ASAP!!

Or try to work it out with her!! Don't know how you would though, as you're prohibited from any contact what so ever.

GL

My question is, will the Protective order affect me filling for my 10years green card.

To remove conditions and get your ten year green card, you require her cooperation because she has to cosign the forms or you have to be divorced and file without her. So yes it is going to affect you. At this point it is either you reconcile and get her to drop the restraining order and then file the removal of conditions with you, or you guys get a divorce. It is your choice.

Filing the i751 requires both the USC and CPR to attest they are married and the marriage was bonafide, and was not entered into to gain an immigration benefit. Do you have any flags, like different backgrounds or religion/large age difference?

Why Divorce?
You would be breaking the law if you were to contact her.. Be within 100yds or whatever specified distance the judge has in the order of protection.

Kinda hard to work things out if you can't see or speak to each other without you putting yourself in jeopardy of being arrested.
She had to have made some serious accusations against you. In order for a judge to grant that. Eg. She would have had to convince the judge she was in fear of her life.
A Restrainting order isn't to be taken lightly!!!

She would need to have the order of protection lifted. In order for anything to work!! GL