Pros & Cons of Online Learning

Degreeinfo

Registered Users (C)
I think we should be thankful to internet for providing us another option for education, online education. Considering those people who are not able to earn a degree via regular classroom based colleges, online degree is a best option. Some people are well suited to it, while others find that traditional classrooms work better for them. But, there are few pros' & Cons of online learning. Online Learning is a type of distance learning in which student and teacher interact with each other via the message board, chat, emails, and schedule web-meeting or video lecture.

One primary benefit of it is Convenience, especially for those who are working or living far from college. Other-side, many students lack face-to-face interaction, which can create problems as instructor cannot reach every student and their learning capability.

Online learning requires students to be self-disciplined, keeping up with their studies without someone holding them directly accountable. If a student lacks time-management skills or is more of a dependent learner, the absence of in-classroom contact may be considered a disadvantage of online learning.

There are many online degree programs and college in many areas like culinary courses, accounting degree and many more.

Another disadvantage of online learning is the technology we use for study. If computer or an internet connection fails, student can fail to attend scheduled lecture. Student can miss an assignment or important lecture. Online learning may work best for individuals who are computer and technology savvy.
Please give your view about this topic; I am trying to figure out the effect of online education.

Reference:

CulinarySchoolsU.com

AccountingProgramsU.com

There are several advantages in taking up an online course as it offers the student the freedom of studying at one’s own convenient time.

I agree with you but E-learning has proven significant benefits through its accessibility to all students regardless of their domicile. E-classes help students to communicate with their mentors, obtain clarification of their subjects and study and have access to educational materials by e-libraries...