• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Proof of Work Experience

syaped

Hi,

I just had my DV interview and they want to see better proof of work experience. I gave them the print out of the job grade definition I'm applying under from the O Net website and two letters of work experience from my former and current employer. In summary the letters stated that I had worked from this date to that for them as a 3d artist/animator, with the company letterhead and signed by the manager.

What more can and should I give them? A more indepth letter from the employer detailing the work I did in the capacity of the job definition I'm applying under from the O Net website? I can't really think of anything else. Pay stubs?

Thanks a lot for any help!

From what I ve seen from this forum, DV from job only is very hard.
I think CO need 'evidence' to see you satisfy most, if not all of O net job criteria.

Following are my thoughts,

You need to basically give evidence that you meet O net criteria for a job that need 2 or more yrs training. (zone 4 or 5, with SVP >7)
Do you have evidence of a formal training/preparation needed for the job you do? (that I think is very necessary and a basic reqmt, like a voc. training diploma etc.)

Next, if you have a specific O-net job then it would be great. Go to it and try give evidence you meet most if not all criteria (tasks, tech., knowledge etc etc)
Be very short and specific. Try get brief but to the point evidence/notarized affidavits from employers, clients, industry veterans etc. etc.
Again, short but specific to support most in O net criteria.

Best!

please i need to know

for a person like me i am applying for a security officer becos that my job and that is what am been trained for. My job does not require 2years training it only requires one year trial after which you re employed fully. Does this mean am not qualify for the working experience please help

please i need to know

for a person like me i am applying for a security officer becos that my job and that is what am been trained for. My job does not require 2years training it only requires one year trial after which you re employed fully. Does this mean am not qualify for the working experience please help

You need a
  • paper from the employment bureau (tell them you need a total of working months)
  • copy of work authorization document with all employers listed (in many countries a booklet with list of all employers with work years and stamp)
  • Pension fund bureau... tell them you need a proof that companies you worked for ere paying in this fund regularly

Freelancing DOES NOT COUNT... you might as well tell them you work illegally, unless you have payed all taxes... in this case you need from tax office a document of all income taxes you payed.

Training does not count... unless you collect all above documents listing you had salary in duration minimum 2 years.

I have a friend, 3d animator doing miracles in Maya, working for over 10 years in industry as freelancer with over 50 clients and a great portfolio... but he was told on interview he will get visa if he find those documents. He managed to collect all invoices he had, but they ordered a check in tax office and it did not match. Not only he got forbidden to apply ever for the visa for giving false information, but he will be facing charges for not paying taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And say bye-bye to the GC, and how did you even come to this conclusion?

I spoke with several people working via websites like elance, rentacoder, getafreelancer, and nobody pays income tax on that income... so if one has x years of experience on those websites, and no proof from tax office of any or much tax payed, that is illegal work.