proof of residence

iexp

Registered Users (C)
hi Everyone
my company(small consulting firm-body shop) had a office in Arlington,VA and in new jersey.My I485 was applied and I140 process was done from arlington VA. Now we have only new jersey office and my pay stubs are issued from new jersey office.
I have a driver license(TEMP ADDRESS FOR PROOF OF RESIDENCE) from VA,but all my old W2 has new jersey address(OLD ADDRESS) and only new jersey tax deducted ,
same company ,same job but i work as a consultant in Newyork city and live in Newjersey.
my files are transfered to arlington,VA for interview .Please advise how to handle proof of residence or workplace questions OR should i request them to transfer my file to newark nj

No Title

When you moved from Virginia to NJ you should have informaed INS about the change of address. As per the INS rule if there is a change of State when you move, the Labor certification may become invalid unless your office is at a commutable distance from your new residence. Now I think you have to some how prove that you are in NJ only for travel purpose that is not your primary residence and as far as pay check is concerned you can say that payroll dept. is at a different location for your company. May be you should get some good attorney\'s advise.

No Title

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
I never worked in va though my office was their i always worked in newjersey & newyork as a consultant.but all my paperworks were done in va because my attorney and office were in va.ie labor,fp.medical etc
even my address on paystubs,drivers lic and mailing address for gc processing is from va.

No Title

I think work location is the one for labor certification not your residence or company\'s HQs Many companies have officers everywhere but onlu where you actually work matters. I am not sure about this.

No Title

Mr Agarwal:
I agree with most of your suggestion but you fail to look at one imp information that iexp has stated about the NJ tax being deducted, which would state that is where he/she is residing.
Another thing if iexp is past 180 days of filling his/her I-485 petition he/she can change jobs and as far as the info that I have got from this chat board regarding AC21, location is not an issue but job description/title is. So I think iexp would be fine if he/she is working anywhere as long as the job description/title does not change.
I would advise iexp to consult his/her lawyer and before he/she plans to get the case transffered to NJ, might be worth going to VA for a day or two for the interview and getting over with it as he/she stated that the lawyer is from there and it would be cheaper for him/her to travel as opposed to the lawyer travelling.

Thanks,

Ray ....

No Title

pd=oct98,nd=feb2000,eb3,fp done march 2001,rfe for emp letter, transfered to arlington,va may 30/2001

No Title

thanks for your comments,
I have finished my h1 quota of 6 years and working on EAD since 5/00 for the same company,job description/title and more salary.
I have taken a appointment with my attorney to ask his advise about
change of place for interview .

GC is for future employment so even if you don\'t work at VA office, you can say that after getting