Proof of relationship in Canada

rsagar

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

please kindly advise me on what would constitute "proof of
relationship" of closest relatives in Canada?

1.My relatives are residents of Canada. Would a letter and citizenship cert from them be enough? or does the immigration officials require more documents? Please share your experince on the kinds of documents that have worked.

2. Can my birth certificate be substituted by other certificates like
school leaving cert, passport, which have date of birth on it?

Thank you for any of your responses.

Cheers.

No Title

hi ..

1. Your passport and your siblings/parents passport shud show the same last name. Thats what they checked in my case. If you have any other relative than above it is of no use I think cuz they give points only to siblings or parents.

2. I am not aware of.

thanks

No Title

Please let us know what kind of relative(like sister,uncle or aunty)you have, so that I can answer your question.

No Title

hi,

Thank you for the reply. Appreciate your inputs. I have uncle and his family living in Canada for the past 7 yrs. Yes, we do share the same last name. How can I show this relationship? Is my native country required to explicitly state this relationship or birth cirtificate from my uncle and my passport showing the common last names be enough?

Any suggestions/inputs would be great.

Cheers,

No Title

I am sure though that u musnt have recieved any points for that cuz u dont get any points on uncle being a PR or citizen. Just to play positive and in favour of visa officer, u may give passport copy and letter from your uncle. But I state again that it will not change the legal situation in any case.

hope that helps
thanks

No Title

Hi rsagar,
Please remember you can show only paternal or maternal uncle as a relative to get 5 points.
This is what you can do.
For paternal uncle-Please get a copy of your uncle\'s passport or birth certificate and your dad\'s passport or birth certificate.
The father\'s name should be same.
For maternal uncle- Please get a copy of your uncle\'s passport or birth certificate and your mom\'s passport or birth certificate.
The father\'s name should be same.
Highlight the father\'s name in both the documents and it should work.