Promotion while 485 pending?

Originally posted by GreenWaiter
I am also in the same situation here with an recent MBA and trying to figure out what to do next with lucrative external opportunities. I know it would be hard for me to wait too long (I certainly don't want to), but have no choice. I am stuck here as well.
I know what you mean. Friend of mine's I140 got rejected because he was an MBA working in software. Go figure.

I was told by a lawyer that you can take up any job for which your H1 is approved while 485 is pending as long as you get 2 pay stubs from the company through which labor cert was approved AFTER you get your green card since the green card is for future employment. Does this imply that you could take the promotion now and then voluntarily demote your self for 2 pay periods after getting GC?

SillyMan,
I know that we have no choice and they (BCIS) also understands our position but still they forget that except for the native redindians, all are immigrants to this country. That is why it is called the land of the immigrants.
Waitingforbreak,
"And these arm-twisting policies are are meant to make you want to go back, since they admitted us on the condition that we will be returning to our home countries. But we made our bed so we lie on it."

Yes we were admitted on the condition that we will be returning to our home countries. But at the same time they made laws for us to process our GC. Does that not not mean they need us?
:rolleyes: