Project Ocean #16

Select your opinion on Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns.

• Total voters

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
I have had the similar poll thread No More Fax/E-Mail Campaign !?, but I don't think it refrects this forum's opinion.

Recently, Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have not got enough participations.
Most of the CSC I-485 forum members seem to be satisfied with the current I-485 processing at the CSC.
Actually, according to the lastest data of Project Kashmir, the I-485 backlog at the CSC is decreasing slightly.
On the other hand, there are still a lot of long-waiting WAC-02 applicants, although the CSC has been approving thousands of WAC-03 cases and even some WAC-04 cases within two months.

By the way, the only my motivation for Project Kashmir was enough participations in Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns.
Considering the current number of participations, I have decided to discontinue Project Kashmir.
pinnacle_man's Open Scanning Project would take over what Project Kashmir has been doing.
His new project is totally independent from Project Ocean.
Some people might have participated in Project Ocean only for Project Kashmir, but they don't need to worry about Project Ocean nor Project Kashmir any more.

Now, I plan to move Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns to another forums such as VSC I-485 forum or CSC I-140 forum to get more participations than CSC I-485 forum.
Before that, I'd like to listen to this forum's opinion because it might affect the I-485 processing at the CSC in future.
For instance, if Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns are really effective and if these campaigns are moved to the CSC I-140 forum, the CSC may move its I-485 adjudication resources to I-140 adjudication.
However, if majority of this forum don't care about Project Ocean, Project Ocean is not responsible for future slow down of I-485 process at the CSC.
You can vote without considering Project Kashmir.

At last, I had promised to present a gift at my SPAM thread yesterday.
That poll has got 52 votes.
The attached is the latest Project Kashmir report that should be the final one.
The only voters may download the attached file as the gift from kashmir who is really an a**ho*e.
Please vote at this thread before downloading for this forum's future.

Now, I plan to move Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns to another forums such as VSC I-485 forum or CSC I-140 forum to get more participations than CSC I-485 forum.
Before that, I'd like to listen to this forum's opinion because it might affect the I-485 processing at the CSC in future.
For instance, if Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns are really effective and if these campaigns are moved to the CSC I-140 forum, the CSC may move its I-485 adjudication resources to I-140 adjudication.However, if majority of this forum don't care about Project Ocean, Project Ocean is not responsible for future slow down of I-485 process at the CSC.

Are you blackmailing I-485 people here? I don't understand one thing:-
What are you doing here? You have done your bit and everyone is appreciative of your errorts. Also, You got your Green Card.

Kashmir, Its time to leave this site for Good.

I am ready to leave this forum,
but I have a couple of fax/e-mail campaigns that I definitely like to make successful.

I have been working with this forum for more than one year.
I have met several people and some of them are still waiting.
I don't want to give negative impacts to those people,
and I want to make my last campaigns successful with this forum.

However, if my last campaigns cannot get enough participation, I have no choice.
Anyway, if you really think my campaigns have been useless for I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
you don't need to be afraid that my campaign at another forum might negatively affect I-485 process at the CSC, especially to your case.
So, it cannot be "blackmail" to those who don't believe my campaigns like Jitup.

On the other hand, if you think my campaigns have contributed to I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
I'd like you to participate in my last campaigns.
You can make your own decision.

Jitup said:
What are you doing here? You have done your bit and everyone is appreciative of your errorts. Also, You got your Green Card.

Hi, Jitup,

> Are you blackmailing I-485 people here?

No, I'm not.
Please read my preivous message for the detail.
Also, I have already cancelled Project Kashmir.
As you know, I cannot "blackmail" you without Project Kashmir.

> I don't understand one thing:-
> What are you doing here? You have done your bit and everyone is appreciative of your errorts. Also, You got your Green Card.
> Kashmir, Its time to leave this site for Good

Thanks for your advice.
I have been preparing to leave this forum and I am almost ready,
but it will be decided not by you but by myself when to leave.

Jitup said:

This is called looking a gift horse in the mouth. Regardless of what you might think about Kashmir or his tactics, you have to admit, that he does something. Which is a lot more than can be said off you or almost all the other people on this forum. In return for the good that he does, I think it isn't a bad idea for you to ignore any irritants as such.

And before asking Kashmir to leave, you might want to contribute to the efforts of reducing backlogs. How about that?

The poll results as of 7/18/2004 at 10:45pm are:
  • 11 - 57.89% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, so I will definitely participate in new campaigns in future.
  • 2 - 10.53% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, but I will not participate in new campaigns in future because I am afraid that it might affect my own case.
  • 2 - 10.53% - I don't think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC at all, so I don't care.
  • 2 - 10.53% - My I-485 has been already approved, so I don't care.
  • 2 - 10.53% - None of aboves. I write my opinion at this thread.
Voters: 19

The number of downloading Attached Files is:
File Type: zip wac-i485-20040715.zip (115.4 KB, 42 views)

I think 42 - 19 = 23 should be added to 3rd answer.
Also, 1 vote of ruxrux should be moved from 5th to 1st.
Then:
  • 12 - 28.57% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, so I will definitely participate in new campaigns in future.
  • 2 - 4.76% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, but I will not participate in new campaigns in future because I am afraid that it might affect my own case.
  • 25 - 59.52% - I don't think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC at all, so I don't care.
  • 2 - 4.76% - My I-485 has been already approved, so I don't care.
  • 1 - 2.38% - None of aboves. I write my opinion at this thread.
Voters: 42

Even my previous spam poll thread had 52 votes, so I want at least 50 votes at this thread.

Once I get 25 endorsements at the first answer of this thread, I will start the last campaign.

The same calculation as yesterday ...
  • 15 (14+1) - 31.91% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, so I will definitely participate in new campaigns in future.
  • 2 (2) - 4.25% - I think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC a lot, but I will not participate in new campaigns in future because I am afraid that it might affect my own case.
  • 27 (2+47-22) - 57.45% - I don't think Project Ocean Fax/E-Mail campaigns have contributed the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC at all, so I don't care.
  • 2 (2) - 4.25% - My I-485 has been already approved, so I don't care.
  • 1 (2-1)- 2.13% - None of aboves. I write my opinion at this thread.
Voters: 47 (22+47-22)

Even my spam poll thread of last Friday had 52 votes, so I want at least 50 actual votes at this thread.
Once I get 25 endorsements at the first answer of this thread, I will start the last campaign.

Kashmir,
I welcome your inputs and suggestions in the opens scanning initative. So far 7/8 parts of scan files have been assigned.
A couple of people are first time scanners. But they are making sincere efforts and are very dedicated.

If you have any ideas you can just us know. That includes campaigns as well. We will post it in a stick tag. Even if 1 member in the entire forum gets to fax, it means something.

However, we all understand that you need to move on with your life. And I wish you the very Best in your Life.

Best Regards,
PM

Last edited by a moderator:
List of Future Campaign Participants
  1. 140_takes_4ever,
  2. 485_takes_4ever
  3. CoolRaj_03, Dadagiri
  4. howlong2000
  5. kashmir
  6. krishnakt
  7. mazdur_desi
  8. murthy_janaki
  9. pinnacle_man
  10. rk4gc
  11. theWarrior
  12. vtg
  13. wac098
  14. wsxwsx
  15. ruxrux
Please sign up at the first answer.

Of course, anyone can vote to another answer and post any negative comment against Project Ocean campaings.
I'd like to have more votes and see more comments by 6pm tomorrow (7/22/2004).
I will consider not voting as voting 3rd answer.

Jitup,

I've been critical of Kashmirs methods of trying to elicit support, it's completely the wrong way and also the hypocracy he displays in wanting other people to participate in his campaigns but when other people ask him for such things as his input lists for the scanners he "refuses" to help them - that's really rich and pathetic actually. It's disgusting how he holds people to ransom who have helped him so much and given him data etc.

But in saying all that, there is no doubt that Kashmir and his efforts has benefitted all of us here. He has gotten off his ass and done things and done things quite thoroughly, sacrificing his time - frankly I don't know how he's kept his job because if I was his employer I would have fired his ass as he is obviously doing a lot of this effort during work time. But nonetheless, his efforts have been heroic and I am grateful.

For you to suggest he get off the board is just assinine. I encourage Kashmir and supporters to continue their great effort, just to change some of their tactics - which appears to be happening.

notxer said:
For you to suggest he get off the board is just assinine. I encourage Kashmir and supporters to continue their great effort, just to change some of their tactics
Kashmir,

I think you can count this as 20 votes ;)

TO: notxer;
Thanks for your posting your frank opinion.
notxer said:
... frankly I don't know how he's kept his job because if I was his employer I would have fired his ass as he is obviously doing a lot of this effort during work time. ...
My boss evaluates my peformance based on NOT how many hours I have spent for ImmigrationPortal.COM BUT how much I have been contributing to my employer.
Anyway, I am lucky because your are not my employer.

140_takes_4ever said:
notxer said:
For you to suggest he get off the board is just assinine. I encourage Kashmir and supporters to continue their great effort, just to change some of their tactics
Kashmir,
I think you can count this as 20 votes ;)
By the way, do you want me to count you as a voter to 1st item ?
Again, the default is a voter to 3rd item.

kashmir said:
By the way, do you want me to count you as a voter to 1st item ? Again, the default is a voter to 3rd item.
You can count me which ever way *you* like. I see no reason to go back and forth on my choices, unless you think something has changed since the time I "voted" on the poll and now. This is an open poll, so the names of the people who have voted as per "their" wishes is apparent. If you want to skew the voting patterns by adding weights to random people, or by changing people's votes around, you are most welcome.

It is up to you to decide what you want to do with your resources, if you want to continue with Project Ocean, you are most certainly welcome and you will find in me a strong supporter, but if you choose not to do so, that again is your decision.

But either way, I would strongly encourage you to stop this poll business, because it is truly not helping. Specially with the way you intend to interpret the results.

So here is wishing you all the best, with any decision you make. Do count on my support for any campaigns you might choose to lead, but please excuse me from any thread like this one, because I am not going to take any more of these polls.

I don't think it is time for kashmir to move with his life as yet (even if he wants to :))
eg. there is still a lawsuit pending. As immigrants who still have to go through a few more steps before becoming citizens (and for some of us - there may be relatives in future who we wish to sponsor) - I think the lawsuit presents an opportunity to force changes in the BCIS style of functioning.
The current apathy towards the campaigns may be due to the lot of 485 approvals which cause the fence sitters(which a majority of us are) to adopt a position of wait and watch instead of go through campaigns. If there is any issue with plastic cards, the tide will turn again towards increase participation in the campaigns. It is useful to keep this fact in mind (however disagreeable it may sound - such is human nature) before making any decision to leave the forum

PS: For starters, can the moderators please look into making the threads pertaining to the lawsuit sticky on this forum. That will increase the exposure and help the cause

1. 140_takes_4ever
  2. 485_if_ever
  3. 485_takes_4ever
  4. CoolRaj_03
  5. Dadagiri
  6. Dreamandwin
  7. howlong2000
  8. kashmir
  9. krishnakt
  10. lareds
  11. mango_pickle
  12. mazdur_desi
  13. murthy_janaki
  14. pinnacle_man
  15. rk4gc
  16. theWarrior
  17. vtg
  18. wac098
  19. wsxwsx
  20. ruxrux
Congratulations !!
We have 20 campaign participants in future.

I am interested only in who sign up at the first one.
If you want t participate in future campaigns,
please sign up at the first item by 6pm tomorrow (7/22/2004).

Of course, you can vote to any item and you are welcome to post even a negative comment against Project Ocean campaings.

Hi, 140_takes_4ever and mazdur_desi,
Thanks for your valuable comments.

As mazdur_desi mentioned,
I have to represent ImmigrationPortal.COM as one of original plaintiffs,
so I cannot leave this ImmigrationPortal.COM community,
but I may leave this particular CSC I-485 forum soon.

Also, I continue Project Ocean campaigns for some specific targets,
but I may not use this forum for future campaigns.
This is one of reasons that I started this poll thread,
so this thread is not only for my fun but very critical to my future campaign(s).
As I wrote above, only the list of voters to 1st item is important.

I don't have much time, so I cannot waste my time just for discussion nor to respond some kind of posts.
Also, we have the first deposition with Ms. Fujie Ohata, Director Service Center Operations tomorrow,
but I don't think our community has been providing enough supports to Rajiv.

newsletter for Project Ocean campaign participants

1. 140_takes_4ever
  2. 485_if_ever
  3. 485_takes_4ever
  4. CoolRaj_03
  5. Dadagiri
  6. Dreamandwin
  7. howlong2000
  8. kashmir
  9. krishnakt
  10. lareds
  11. mango_pickle
  12. mazdur_desi
  13. murthy_janaki
  14. pinnacle_man
  15. rk4gc
  16. theWarrior
  17. vtg
  18. wac-02-068
  19. wac098
  20. wsxwsx
  21. ruxrux
I am preparing a newsletter for Project Ocean campaign participants.
If you want to receive my newsletter, send me e-mail with subject including "ocean16" and your username at ImmigrationPortal.COM.

I will send my newsletter only to those who has signed up at the first one.
If you want to participate in future campaigns,
please sign up at the first item by 6pm today (7/22/2004).

Of course, you can vote to any item and you are welcome to post even a negative comment against Project Ocean campaings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I created a mailing list and sent a test mail.
If you have not received the test mail from kashmir@kashmir2.us
or if your want to change your e-mail address in the mailing list,
please send me your e-mail with subject including "ocean16" and your username at ImmigrationPortal.COM.
-kashmir
kashmir said:
  1. 140_takes_4ever
  2. 485_if_ever
  3. 485_takes_4ever
  4. CoolRaj_03
  5. Dadagiri
  6. Dreamandwin
  7. howlong2000
  8. kashmir
  9. krishnakt
  10. lareds
  11. mango_pickle
  12. mazdur_desi
  13. murthy_janaki
  14. pinnacle_man
  15. rk4gc
  16. theWarrior
  17. vtg
  18. wac-02-068
  19. wac098
  20. wsxwsx
  21. ruxrux
I am preparing a newsletter for Project Ocean campaign participants.
If you want to receive my newsletter, send me e-mail with subject including "ocean16" and your username at ImmigrationPortal.COM.

I will send my newsletter only to those who has signed up at the first one.
If you want to participate in future campaigns,
please sign up at the first item by 6pm today (7/22/2004).

Wasn't following this thread so looks like I missed the deadline, but Kashmir can you add me to the list of active campaigners? You already have my email address.