Project Kashmir - posting data with actual case number(s)

Is it OK to post data with actual case numbers ?

• Yes, both in attachment and in message body.

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Yes, but only in attachment.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • No.

Votes: 26 41.3%

• Total voters
Recently, I worked with I485 applicants at another service centers.
Usually, they exchange data including actual case numbers by posting in spredsheet format as attachment.

If you agree on distributing data including actual case numbers (in attachment),
it may reduce our additional works very much.
Also, it will make our activities efficient,
and new applications may be introduced.

However, I'd like to hear your opinion at first.
Thanks,
-kashmir

I dont think having actual case nos is a problem. I am sure I cannot trace it to anybody based on the case no. Go Ahead Kashmir.

Just my openion...

I would like to opt for "NO"

Even now once in a while I get a message saying that "I cannot get status because I searched for my status more than max allowed number of times for my case in the past 24 hours, even though I didn't do it for more than once a day". Right now since very few number of people are doing those scans, I think it is still done in a controlled fashion. If WAC#s are published then probably that online system may be absued. Also at the same time note that based on what information reported by members on this site it is very easy to match WAC#s with original member and soon people may stop sharing info on this site. If the actual member directly want to share their WAC# then it is their choice but it may not be a good idea to force it indirectly. In my openion there is a tremondous value to the experiences shared by members here with their info with some dates to explain what happened etc. By publishing all those WAC#s probably that information sharing will go down drastically.

- PCee

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the caustic and verbally challenging threads in the past few months, people who get pissed off at others may go in to the BCIS website and inquire/spam the status of the person whom they angry with, for revenge. We don't know yet as to how BCIS tracks the number of inquiries per day and how it might adversely affect the case.

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war and BCIS doesn't give a damn about 485."

how can the world be crazy if the best rapper is a white guy and best golfer a black guy.

It only reflects how the world is changing and that too rapidly. Traditional mindset is that rappers are black, basketball players are typically black and golfers are white. For a long time, golf was considered as a gentleman's game of the whites. Look what Tiger Woods did.. he changed it in a big way. Germany who were warmongers in Hitler's era are now saying no to war. British, who once ruled most of the world and from whom America won its independence is US's bitch now.. France would have been goners if the US had not saved them in WWII. France is now accusing US of arrogance......

Originally posted by sanb
fpfinally
codex mentioned the WAC number cannot be traced to any indivdual.

Sanb,

Other issues I can think of is that one's case details can be used as reference when you call BCIS.
Let's say a 02-11912345 has got an RFE and has posted his/her experience. A 02-0412345 candidate can call up the BCIS and ask why 02-11912345 has got an RFE and while his/her case has not been touched....

just talking out loud.

NO !!
NO !!
NO !!

fpFinally : wrote
---------------------------------------------------
Let's say a 02-11912345 has got an RFE and has posted his/her experience. A 02-0412345 candidate can call up the BCIS and ask why 02-11912345 has got an RFE and while his/her case has not been touched....
---------------------------------------------------
My comment on this would be : What if the BCIS officer says
" How do you know?" .. OR
" Why have you been hacking other wac numbers" ??? .. (This might on the other hand spoil your case itself??? )

Anyways .. In my opinion .. I am sure even if you say them outloud , they won't help you on this basis that a later WAC has been touched and not yours.

I also like PCee's theory for the same

Kashmir has done a wonderful job though in providing the Statistics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second PCee. NO it’s not a good idea. Period. :)

Simple reasons
1. People are going to stop sharing their details/experience on this board.
2. BCIS will get more hits
3. People are going to complain to BCIS when they got pissed off on others (we already have hot discussion on this board) - so that BCIS can increase the security of the web site by asking SSN or date of birth or last name etc, along with WAC number

I know that anyone can write a program to get the actual ID’s. But most of them didn’t have that patience. So it’s a bad idea to publish the actual wac no’s and tempt others to misuse it.

btw, Thanks again Kashmir for your great efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your opinions about posting actual case numbers.

I decided not to post them
because it's the most important to share our experiences for this forum as PCee described at his 2nd point.

I will modify my programs soon accordingly.
Thanks again,
-kashmir