Project Kashmir #3

4/30/2004 WAC-02 INTERIM REPORT

Due to server down of USCIS Case Status Online, I could not complete WAC-02 scan this morning.
Anyawy, attached is the full report of WAC-02.

:confused:
Originally posted by indie7068
As I know your real name I have decided that I have had enough of your silly games, its bad enough with INS playing mind games. So I will mail Don Neufield asking him why he allows my private INS data to be sold on the internet by you unless you publish data for free.

I bet they approved more WAC-02 than WAC-03 but it would ruin all your crass postings about WAC-03 getting priority treatment if the truth was out.

:D

WAC-02-080-xxxxx
:confused:

I cannot understand what exactly indie7068 wants to say.

> I bet they approved more WAC-02 than WAC-03 but it would ruin all your crass postings about WAC-03 getting priority treatment if the truth was out.

You're right. The CSC has approved more WAC-02 cases than WAC-03.
However, I have always posted both WAC-02 and WAC-03 data.
I have thought everyone knows.

> ... I will mail Don Neufield asking him why he allows my private INS data to be sold on the internet by you ...

I have never received any single penny.

Anyway, even only one person is claiming against this project, so I have to cancel this project.
Should I delete all Project Kashmir threads ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir,

Are you kidding ? You cant pay attention to such mindless
accusations. You, myself, and all the other regulars on this
forum know what a great job you are doing, and how much
we value it.

Please continue with your work, and ignore any such
accusations.

Regards,
avgm

Kashmir

It was great to meet u on thu. We r grateful to u for all the wonderful work u do for this group. Please don't let mindless accusations come in ur way. Hey, ur info is what keeps us interested in this group.

Thanks for all the good work.

As I know your real name I have decided that ... So I will mail Don Neufield asking him why he allows my private INS data to be sold on the internet by you ...
I am not afraid that he will inform to USCIS with my real name,
however, he is claiming me about injust usage of his private data.

Without the whole community's understanding and support, I cannot continue this project.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=771395#post771395

I don't think its his private data. All of us can access information on the website with any WAC number. So it is public information. After all his name is not being published against his WAC number.

There is plenty of salt in the sea. Safeway still charges for salt. Reason Safeway (or whoever) does some work on the sea water and extracts the salt. If this guy is so rich ask him to contribute to immigrationportal.org.

cheers.

I have never asked any single penny for Project Kashmir.

I have been just encouraging the forum members to make a contribution to ImmigrationPortal.ORG for the community and one's own future as Immigrants, neither for Project Kashmir nor myself.

Even though I am not so rich, I really don't want to collect money personally from Project Kashmir.
However the community / ImmigrationPortal.ORG needs its fund to fight for our right.

Anyway, I really don't care about his claim regarding money,
but I must respect his assertion on the uasge of data.

Originally posted by kashmir

Even though I am not so rich, I really don't want to collect money personally from Project Kashmir.
However the community / ImmigrationPortal.ORG needs its fund to fight for our right.

Anyway, I really don't care about his claim regarding money,

Kashmir,
This is what is going to happen when we work for a community. Even though majority of the community supports you, I feel that you should not continue to spend hours and hours of your time at the cost of your family and your own personal life. Why should you care about such community? (even if one person makes adverse comments on your work )

Let people know all the facts by contacting USCIS directly. No need to publish all these analysis for the sake of community.

Live your life peacefully.

I respect you a lot for the great work and service you rendered to the immigration forums.

best regards

Kashmir,

Don't pay any attention to indie7068, that guy is a moron, isn't it obvious? I can't even believe he's real, he's probably someone's alter ego like IAmShantanuB was Silly Man's alter ego, just there to create some disturbance, therefore don't fall into this trap please.

indie7068 - shut up or I'll find you and smack you right in the middle of this stupid face of yours. Mind your own business and let decent people do their own.

Mr Kashmir

For your safety (if it can be called that way) go ahead and delete everything related to project kashmir.

I know whoever this person called Indie is has no idea of the process and pain it takes to do it. How about all our credit card that is also out on internet for some reason or the other when we use it for purchases, would he call that WALMART or KROGER or ALBERTSONS selling his private data to public. To me he is being senseless in his/her accusations. If he really meant some good he could have made a request or suggestion to you in a friendly way rather than accusing people.

Well next thing he might jump around and say is Rajiv is misusing his data (WHAT A PITY FOR SUCH SOULS WHO HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE SAYING!!!)

My humble request, it is upto you to delete every project kashmir threads.

I will leave it to you.
My 2 cents
Cheers
Golu

Originally posted at another thread)

Re: 485 community division is complete.
Originally posted by mango_pickle
Kashmir,

I understand lot of people advising you to continue your effort, since we all value it. We definitely value it and really appreciate it. But because of the WAC03 approvals, and some of us fighting for the processing to be done in order, it just divided the whole 485 community into 2. (I remember Becky predicted this). But just wanted to let you know that if what that Indie guy said, if someone really does that you are in big trouble. Some of the WAC03ers are looking for themselves. I really suggest you stop this, since you are really jeopardising your future and your family's.

I also want you to understand that people can go to any extent for the GCs and I hope what that guy said, no body did that yet. Also understand that all the people who tell you to continue your great efforts (including me) have nothing to lose, incase such a thing does happen to you.

I also suggest all the other people not to make such requests to Kashmir. If Kashmir still does not get it, then God help him.

CSC /BCIS achieved what they wanted to - break the 485 community.

I guess the Indy guy will understand the agony if lot of people after him gets approved and not him. Then he would understand that these efforts would have been of some help.
Hi, mango_pickle,

I'd really appreciate your advices.
Also, it is not the first time, isn't it ?

> ... it just divided the whole 485 community into 2.

Yes, our community was divided, but not to the old applicants and the latter ones.
We're divided to
1) those who are fighting against Injustice of US Government for the whole community; and
2) others who are only interested in one's own green card.

> I really suggest you stop this, since you are really jeopardising your future and your family's.

I have not made a decision yet.
However, without the whole community's understanding and supporting, I have to stop Project Kashmir.
It's the only my choice and it might be difficult to continue.

indie7068 might have just misunderstood.
He might have thought that I was selling data because I was asking the forum members to make a contribution.
He might have only wanted to see data of Project Kashmir timely without any participation for the community.

Anyway, I stop Project Kashmir itself tentatively until indie7068 allows me to release data again.

Kashmir,

I certainly agree with everyone that you should not risk your GC for the great work u are doing to this forum. Do you think we should start a new thread to ask GC seekers who do not want their data to be scanned to post in that thread. That way you can always change ur scanning to exclude their WAC numbers.

Just a suggestion. Final decision is still yours.

C610

Originally posted by kashmir

From the INS website...

Terms of use

Information presented on this WWW site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credit is requested.

Here's the link
http://uscis.gov/graphics/privnote.htm

So obviously there is no breach of privacy here, but why spend all ur time and energy doing this? Kashmir, get ur mind off this GC issue for a while... go enjoy the weather or something!

First off Kashmir let me apologize for threatening you - that was not my intention.

However let me explain myself - for years I have contributed freely to this community never asking anything in return.

I was and am incredibly frustrated by you.

You have written some smart code that helps us all keep intouch with what the INS is doing.

But you behave like a spoilt child - you refuse to share the code with people, you constantly post scans off no use to anyone. For example you focus on 03 - claim you don't have 02 etc etc.

I here lies everyday from the INS and now this Kashmir guy tries to play games with us every day - giving out a bit info - withholding info. Does that make you feel good ?

Why don't you just publish number of approvals a week ? or give up the code so someone else can do it ?

You are the only person who demands contribution in return for helping others.

Why does Kashmir withhold info from us ?

Why does he only publish the data that suits his agruments ?

Why will he not share the scanning code ?

Which comunity do you belong to ?

I withdraw my stupid threat !!!

Why don;t you help everyone for free ?

> CSC /BCIS achieved what they wanted to - break the 485 community.

They don't have to do that. They know that conflict of interests and ignorance inside a big community will always break apart themselves. :)

Seriously Kashmier, I admire your efforts and enthusiasm, as I have been reading your data and benefit from it. But nobody can please everyone; especially in an online community, where you can't see the faces behind their nicknames. When I see a guy claiming he has offered free contribution to THIS community "for years", and yet he was just recently registered and had only 4 posts, I would consider it a blatant lie and pay no attension to this garbage.

Your efforts in the past did more than just providing information. It also built momentum and promote awareness. And you certainly have every right to your code and data. As a software developer my self, I would donate whatever I made to people of my choosing, whenever I feel like it. I don't like to be forced. The things you did was really more than anyone can expect; so if you choose to continue, I would appreciate the convenience, if you choose to stop, I would respect your decisions too. However, personally, I won't make my decision based on some ignorant comments. A community, if it hope to achieve anything, should possess some degree of resiliency against sabotage.

indie7068

First of all instead of hiding behind some imposterish id why dont u share your ÿears popular ID so everybody can know? why this type of diplomacy...are u afraid of the community or of your reputation......
Secondly I agree with some of your arguments that Kashmir cannot allure somebody to give money for his reports

Because this is free forum it is unfair to play with peoples emotions and anxiety to force them to give money......it is Kashmir's data and every right to use way he wants but by doing this he is inadvertantly forcing people to think in way dont want to think
Personally I have not donated money because i DONT BELIEVE THAT THIS MONEY WILL BRING OUT ANY GOOD, i appreciate the tenacity and efforts of Kashmir's and Edisons of this forum and i respect their selfless acts and I myself participate as and when I feel like but money is a sensitive thing... and playing with people's emotions is a bad thing.
--
Kashmir's reports are his own property and no body has any right... but by playing games his is turning off from many people to visit the forum.... this I agree is is very childish and immature...
But again I respect Kashmir for his selfless act and will continue to respect him but sometimes i dont feel like visiting this forum beause I primarily visit for Kahsmir's report and kashmir posting the "blackmailing and marketing "commets( eventhough for not his personal gains, and selfless) really frustrate me.
anyways home every body things from a different angle
no offece to anyone

Indie????

>>>> limited knowledge. Empty vessle makes lot of noise. You shud not open your mouth who ever is this guy being your pointless threat and child is better than you .

>>> it is his choice . No one/or you can force him to act as per your stupid threat which you understood. I am glad.
If you are in his shoes/place , could you ?

>>>you cannot force him or any one who does community work ,just focus on your loop hole .

>>>> If you really have some - some guts and ,smartness , go ahead and write it. No one has stopped you .This shows how smart and decent are you ?.

>> who are you asking for ?? without your own identity ? why are you hiding your hole ?

>>> I hope childrens around you are better .

Free Advise :
If one can not do something good for others ,he/she do not have any word to open his/her disgusting mouth. Or remain ready for consequences. Kashmir is not alone here ,we all are with him and do not allow us to show you that your time is really running out.
Kashmir is not alone here ,we all are with him and do not allow us to show you that your time is really running out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone tell this fool that the contribution being solicited by Kashmir does not go to the pocket of Kashmir. He is spearheading a movement to collect money for immigrationportal.org which is a non-profit organisation with sole purpose of helping out immigrant comminity in many ways (including bu not limited to lobbying fo reducing backlog). so far, not much has been collected... whatever is collected goes to pay for normal expenses for running a website and a non-profit group.

indie fool, as far as I know, Kashmir has posted the script to scan the website several times. But, this script is not for fools like yourself. You don't give a gun to the money, do you?

Regardless, if you want to scan, write your own script (if you are intelligent which I doubt).

Thanks to everyone who suggested me to discontinue Project Kashmir considering my situation.

Honestly speaking, Project Kashmir is not so high priority to me.
Also, it doesn't take so much time as you think.
Actually, I really don't care.

Of course, I have a full time job and I have to support my family.
I believe I spend my time enough for my family more than you think, so don't worry about that.

In last summer, I became able to spend more time for Immigration because of a certain reason.
At almost the same time, I noticed that it might take several years or even almost forever just to get a green card unless we do something to make it change.
So, I decided to start working with this community because a single person could not influence so much.

Actually, I have spent much more time for activities of ImmigrationPortal.ORG and Project Ocean than Project Kashmir.
This community is still not so strong enough to influence US Government but I believe we can win at last.

I have no place to go back unlike most of you and it's been one of my important goal to get US Citizenship by 2008.
However, USCIS' processing delay made it impossible.
So, I have to fight, even if the Act is required to amend.

I don't need any single penny but ImmigrationPortal.ORG needs its fund.
If the community wants Project Kashmir, I am pleased to provide it for the community and I want the community to support ImmigrationPortal.ORG.

First off Kashmir let me apologize for threatening you - that was not my intention.

However let me explain myself - for years I have contributed freely to this community never asking anything in return.

I was and am incredibly frustrated by you.

You have written some smart code that helps us all keep intouch with what the INS is doing.

But you behave like a spoilt child - you refuse to share the code with people, you constantly post scans off no use to anyone. For example you focus on 03 - claim you don't have 02 etc etc.

I here lies everyday from the INS and now this Kashmir guy tries to play games with us every day - giving out a bit info - withholding info. Does that make you feel good ?

Why don't you just publish number of approvals a week ? or give up the code so someone else can do it ?

Why don;t you help everyone for free ?
indie7068,
> ... let me apologize for threatening you - that was not my intention.
> I withdraw my stupid threat !!!

That's OK.
I don't mind itself so much.

> You have written some smart code that helps us all keep intouch with what the INS is doing.
> But you behave like a spoilt child - you refuse to share the code with people, you constantly post scans off no use to anyone.
> ... or give up the code so someone else can do it ?
> Why will he not share the scanning code ?

You totally don't understand Project Kashmir and its process.
My program doesn't do anything special. It's not a magic.
Not only I posted its source codes but also I gave the essential data and even some supports to another similar project to start up.
Honestly speaking, I'd like another project to take over Project Kashmir.

Meanwhile, USCIS has been tightening the limitation of Case Status Online.
I had to change the code each time.
Actually, three major changes were required for the previous update on 4/18/2004.
I quickly patched my current code to continue gathering data but its code was too complicated to post.
I modified the original sample code and posted it last Friday night.

If you or somebody really want to scan several dozens of thousands of I-485 cases every week, go ahead.
Some forum members and I are pleased to help you.

> Why don't you just publish number of approvals a week ?
> Why does Kashmir withhold info from us ?
> Why don;t you help everyone for free ?

I never get any single penny for Project Kashmir.
More importantly, I have no obligation for Project Kashmir to the community at all.
Like most of you, I post my messages only when I want .

> You are the only person who demands contribution in return for helping others.

I never demand anything to anyone.
It's your choice whether you contribute or not.

> Why does he only publish the data that suits his agruments ?

I have been posting all data.
Sometimes, I posted additional data to highlight the problems.

> Which comunity do you belong to ?

I cannot understand this question.

Anyway, you had pointed out the fatal weakness of Project Kashmir.
After listening more voices from the community, I will make a decision to continue the project or to discontinue.

What come down from this Indie person.

I would like to pose a question to Mr or Ms or Mrs Indie..
Who do you think you are?
Why did you do what you did?
Mr Kashmir per his own admission per many others who have tried and used his code has provided the source code and some support info and help whenever he could.
Now if you don't know how to use code, then you should have posed the question as to how to make it work.

Instead you spend little time making empty threats trying to live of others hardwork.

Tell me why should Kashmir provide every information the members (people like you) of this portal need. Have these members (people like you) helped him or have even tried to.

As per one of the other members assertion on another thread, per USCIS's admission on their website, the data collected and provided by Kashmir is public and can be used by anyone with proper references.

Here Mr Kashmir is trying to galvanize the group into a proper fighting unit which is aware of all the information he thinks they should be aware of. He is always helpful when you pose questions, yes it is understandable sometimes he tries to coerce you to contribute etc. which is normal, what do you think you would do if you were in your shoes?

Stop making such empty issues and join everyone to make this community a better place, you are welcome to air your grievances and suggestions no one stopped you from that, but please do not harm any effort and create a nuisance if you cannot do anything by yourself or even with someone's help.

Good Luck
Golu