Processing Times Doubt for I-485

honeybee

Registered Users (C)
All,

As per the immigration website

www.immigration.com

Please explain me the relationship between the dates for
National Processing Times - I-485/EAD/APTimes
and California Service Center Processing times.

The California Service Center Processing times date shows I-485 Employment Based as 12.16.2001 (roughly 1.7 years)
and National Processing Times - I-485/EAD/APTimes for San Jose shows time taken for I-485 approval is 180-240 days.
Which one is correct one ?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

I think,
employment based applications are processed in service centers like CSC, while
family based and some others including employment transferred from Service Center for interview are processed in local centers, National Processing Time is for these local centers.

ND022202,

Thank you for the reply.

If
" family based and some others including employment transferred from Service Center for interview are processed in local centers, National Processing Time is for these local centers "

then the National Processing Time should be more than CSC Service Center Processing time, but it is much less than CSC Service Center processing time.

Can somebody else spread some light on this issue. Any response is appreciated.

Service Center in Missouri may be called National (benefit )Center where JIT for I-485 is April, 2003. However, I do not who files
their cases to that center.

honeybee,
I think you are trying to put too much logic into reported processing times :). There is no correlation between number of cases pending in such-and-such center and approval rate there, that is, processing time. Processing time depends on the number of adjudicating officers per center. My guess is, one officer can process about 5 cases per working day or 100 cases per month.

ND022202,

I have recently filed I-485 and awaiting receipt. I stay in San Jose area. So according to California Service Center Processing times date, is it going to take 2 years or according to
National Processing Times - I-485/EAD/APTimes it is going to take 6 months to process. It is a valid question.

Thanks,

If you file in CSC (Laguna Niguel) an EB 485 application, it will officially take 24 month as of today. In reality, waiting time can go both ways depending on how many adjudicating officers are working on 485 cases. Their number is not constant, usually, decreasing, because 485 is not a first priority for BCIS/CSC.
So, brace yourself for a long wait, get EAD on time and AP, if you need to travel. If you are not satisfied with such a situation, find other than employment way to immigrate, or choose another country. Also, read more of this forum, you will find lots of folks in the same boat.

Why should it be more time?
There are only four (am I mistaken?) Service Centers and tons of local centers. I believe it is obvious why it takes less at regional service centers.
"National" refers to all the local service centers in the U.S.