• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Processing time

kathmandunp

Registered Users (C)
hi,

My number AS31,9xx will be current on July and I am in US. Is 3 months period enough for AOS processing? Should I change to CP because of my high CN number? I am in F1 OPT status right now and if I change to CP and go back to country I will not be able to come back in OPT status. So there is risk in both AOS and CP. What do you guys recommend?

Really waiting for the suggestions

Thanks !
Kathmandunp

I also think so. But the issue is if there is some problem with CP in my country I will be stuck there since in OPT i can not come back.

One thing I would like to know when do we know our interview date after the CN number goes current? My number will be current on July , so do I know my interview date on May or in June.

BTW good luck darkhorse for your interview.

kathmandunp

If your CN will become current in July, that means you will be receiving the 2nd NL in May, and will be scheduled for interview in July.

I strongly suggest don't do AOS if you have the interview in July. There are high possibility that your case wouldn't be finish processed by the end of September.

I understand that doing CP will carry a risk of not able to come back to the U.S. But that is the risk that you need to take. If you know you haven't done anything wrong in the U.S and in your home country, and you have all the required paperwork, I recommend to take the risk.

With AoS, it carries more risk in my opinion. There's a risk of your application being rejected at the interview, and you have to go back to your country because of the "immigrant-intent" issue. Plus, the risk of the delay in processing your application beyond the September deadline.

At least with CP, you only risking loosing the visa if the interview did not went successfully.

Thanks Gerindo for the reply.

One more question, I am waiting for the June Visa bulletin. So if my number becomes current for July and after seeing the bulletin (say at around May10), will the time be enough to switch from AOS to CP? How long will it take to change from AOS to CP. I have sent DSP122 and DS230 both after I got the 1st NL.

Thanks
Kathmandunp

Thanks Gerindo for the reply.

One more question, I am waiting for the June Visa bulletin. So if my number becomes current for July and after seeing the bulletin (say at around May10), will the time be enough to switch from AOS to CP? How long will it take to change from AOS to CP. I have sent DSP122 and DS230 both after I got the 1st NL.

Once your CN is announced that it will be current, it will be too late to change switch because KCC will immediately send all your paperwork to the USCIS. Once they are sent, there is no way to change it to CP anymore (well..there is, but you don't want know..it is very complicated).

It will take approximately 4-5 weeks to make the changes in their record. If you still want to change to CP, you better do it soon. Contact KCC beforehand and ask them first. They usually will ask you to send a new DSP-122 with the correction on it. There is also an option to fax the new form instead of mailing it, for faster processing.

Like I said, ask KCC through e-mail or phone so you know if it is still possible to make the change.

Thanks Gerindo !.

I think its too late now. May be I will stick with AOS. but dunno yet. Its getting more difficult to decide.

Anyone here in the list knows how was the situation last year who filed AOS on July? Most of them got the visa or not?

Thanks

kathmandunp

@kathmandunp:

Dude, you are asking these questions in the wrong place. The real experts on this issue are on the AOS thread.

Go and post your questions on the AOS thread -- you will get answers from people who have been thorugh it.

Darkhorse,

I posted my question there. I did not get much answers there and i posted here.

And do not post this kind of message . I am getting replies in this thread which are helpful.

kathmandup

smalllacrimose,

No need to renew the VISA until he is in status with his F1 OPT I-20 and he doesn't need to travel out of the port. I would just keep quite and wait for the interview.

kathmandunp

July 2009 Visa Bulletin

Any word on July 2009 Bulletin? I am getting the following error.

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Any updates appreciated.
gj

Last edited by a moderator: