Processing Time San Diego, CA

Tina210

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I wonder if someone from San Diego could give me their timeline for naturalization. The AILA website says it takes about 1000+ days and I just can't believe it.

Here's my timeline:

N-400 submitted: December 18, 2002
FP: February 2003
waiting for interview letter

Thanks,
Tina.

San Diego, CA

Tina210, this my timeline:

PD: April 30, 2003
FP: June 10, 2003
Interview: waiting.

I friend of mine applied in October 2002, fingerprinted in November 2002 and still waiting for interview.

I do not believe AILA's reports are accurate since the sampling is not large enough. I went to the BCIS local office last week and ask them how long they take for N-400 cases. They said between 10 -12 months in average.

As long as you can check the status of your case on-line, then your file is still at Laguna Niguel, CA.

Please post whenever you get the interview letter. Best luck.:)

Re: San Diego, CA

Originally posted by EEMajor
Tina210, this my timeline:

PD: April 30, 2003
FP: June 10, 2003
Interview: waiting.

I friend of mine applied in October 2002, fingerprinted in November 2002 and still waiting for interview.

I do not believe AILA's reports are accurate since the sampling is not large enough. I went to the BCIS local office last week and ask them how long they take for N-400 cases. They said between 10 -12 months in average.

As long as you can check the status of your case on-line, then your file is still at Laguna Niguel, CA.

Please post whenever you get the interview letter. Best luck.:)

Tina,
EEMajor is right! Do not believe AILA's reports.
They listed San Jose at 180 one month and 400 days the other month. You get the picture....

Also, people's timelines here are helpful but keep in mind that some offices (or all of them:confused: ) don't process N400's based on priority dates. Meaning that someone who applied after you got an interview before you.
Why? Because INS....:rolleyes:

EEmajor went to the local office..... I don't think it will take as long as AILA says it will.

Thanks for your replies. I sure hope it won't take as long as AILA says.

I'll let you know when I get my interview letter. My case is still listed online.

I just received my interview letter and want to give you my updated timeline:

California Service Center, San Diego:

N400 submitted: December 18, 2002
FP: February 1, 2003
Online Status disappeared: August 21, 2003
Interview letter received: August 23, 2003
Interview date: October 30, 2003.

Tina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cogratulations!

The wheels are turning! You got your interview letter and that's good. (less than 1000 days isn't it?) You and your daugther will become citizens soon!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend;)

San Diego, CA

Tina:

Congratulations and thanks for the info. So your interview will be 10 months after you applied, exactly as they told me at the BCIS San Diego.

This is good news! Keep rolling!!! :D

EEMajor.

San Diego Update

Hi all San Diegans:

My on-line status disappeared today, so the interview letter should be in its way. My timeline:

BCIS San Diego, California Service Center.
PD: 4/30/2003
FP: 6/10/2003
On-line status disappeared: 12/5/2003.

I will be watching my mail box like a hawk.:D

EEMajor.

San Diego Update

Hi All:

I received my interview letter today. This is my timeline:

BCIS San Diego, California Service Center.
PD: 4/30/2003
FP: 6/10/2003
On-line status disappeared: 12/5/2003
Received Interview Letter: 12/8/2003
Interview Date: 01/30/2004

EEMajor.;)

Congrats!

Congartulations EEMajor!

I remember posts form the past talkiing about the 700 day processing times at SD reported by AILA. :) Good fo you and all in SD!

On the contrary, San Jose is becoming (or has become) the slowest DO when it comes to N-400 in CA if not nationwide.