Processing time for Local transfer cases in Seattle,Wa

Hi Lianglin,

Yes I did receive the letter and had interview yesterday.Everything went fine and got our passports stamped.The officer said it will take 6-8 months to receive the plastic card.

Have anyone have idea about how to follow interview letter with Seattle Office?

Hi sam4852001,

Thanks for your information...Enjoying your freedom...

I am still wonding why my case took that long, as I said my case transfer earlier (2/28) than yours (3/7) , and aazad(3/17), You had finished your interview and aazad got the leeter already ......But I havn't heard anything yet ...

Have any idea how to contact seattle office? or any suggestion?please share .....

Thanks!

Yahoooooooooooooooooo

Its finally my turn to jump. Yup got the approval letter today as promised by the officer.
Brief status about my case.
Left the sponsporing company after 180 days was frustrated and humiliated enough to take that step, then sent letter to INS informing the change. AVM never got updated after the finger print stuff,still its the same.....
Out of the blue, recd. interview letter on the day I again switched to a new company taking a huge pay cut...basically joined the client finally after being sub-contracted and then contracted. That was late march. Had interview on 4/24 in the afternoon (Seattle Office). Interview was a breeze. Asked me and my wife to take the oath, immediately started the index finger print on the I-551, then the usual questions about being a terrorist or a communist or a street fighter or...
Then asked if I was with the same company (the letter I sent to INS after the change was on the file). I said no and submitted the latest letter from the client. He happily placed that in the file without even reading through it. Then asked for our passports. Removed our I-94's and said he was sorry but could not stamp our passports that day. It was 1.30 and the offices in East Coast close at 4 pm, so visa number could not be made available. He said he would order for it the same eve and expected to have it the next day. As promised he sent out the letter on 4/25 and here it is on 4/26, I have the approval letter asking me to come for stamping if I need to leave the country or have some kind proof. The interview hardly took 10-15 mts. Anyway, if anyone wants needs to ask me anything specific please let me know. This forum has been the best place to remain sane during all those frustrating moments in the past 6 months.
Best of luck guys..... Remember everyone would be having their celebration day..its only a matter of waiting and for people like me praying that former employer doesnt screw up anything...which I dont know if he attempted, though I am fighting a lawsuit which he has filed for liquidiated damages to the tune of 25000$ for leaving that AH who underpaid me all the time. Anyway got to live another day to fight off that part of it. The hearing is next month..so let me drink and enjoy this freedom till that time.

Seattle trans back to NSC

To whom are waiting for interview letter,----

I just find out my case trans back to NSC , because Seattle office said they don't have any reason to interview me and my family.
So, I got another new case# for I 181 (not I485) and I check the web-site , the case status say it will take 30-60 days for processing.

That is why I haven't got the interview letter from local office........
(my case trans to seattle on 2/28)

SO, if you waiting interview letter for more than 1.5 months, your case maybe trans back to NSC again.....

I hope this information can useful for you.....

Light at the end of the Tunnel finally

:D
If you see a human flying with wings around Seattle my friends, it is nobody but me, yes! I got approved on Friday.

Don’t hesitate to ask me if you need any details. This site and you guys were so helpful. Thanks you!!

Re: Light at the end of the Tunnel finally

Originally posted by aazad
:D
If you see a human flying with wings around Seattle my friends, it is nobody but me, yes! I got approved on Friday.

Don’t hesitate to ask me if you need any details. This site and you guys were so helpful. Thanks you!!

Congratulations, enjoy the freedom!!
Could you please post details about your interview (what documents asked in interview letter, what docs. you took, which ones were asked for at the interview, interview questions, how long it lasted, whether it was for just you or with your spouse etc.).

thanks,
KS

Got my plastic card . Was approved on 24th of last month and 3 weeks later got my plastic card. Whew finally everything seems to have fallen in place.

Good luck guys. There is always a bright light at the end of the BCIS tunnel. Keep going

Hi sivajhu ,

The documents i took for the interview.....

1. Passport, I – 94, Advanced Parole, EAD
2. Bank statements, Tax records, Apartment Leases, Auto Insurance – (Wherever the spouse name in included)
3. Employment Letter, All Pay stubs for 2003
4. Interview Letter, Transfer Letter

If you need any advice, don’t have any anxiety about the interview. It’s going to be cool.

The difference between getting approved from Nebraska & Seattle center is – you already know the date on which you will get approved (that is, your interview date).

Good Luck.

- AAZAD

Hi aazad

Hi aazad,
Congrats Aazad....
Thanks for giving information on the list of documents which you took for the interview.
Can you please tell me if immigration photos are required for the interview. Did INS ask you to bring immigration photos at the time of interview. If so, how many photos are required?
I think immigration photo is required for the plastic card, is it not?
Can you please reply on this.

Thanks,

Photos

I don't you think you need any photos. I didn't take photos. INS uses the photos that you send during the start of I-485 process. FYI, they take immigration photos inside INS office where the interview is held.

- AAZAD

Urgent, Please Help

Hello,
Me and my wife are having I485 interview at BCIS local office on June'10.
For some emergency reason we have to travel to India on June'13. We bought the tickets also for June'13.
My question is: If suppose we are not approved on the same day itself during the interview then can we get Advance parole from the local office on the same day itself. Or what are the other possible ways to get emergency travel document so that there won't be any problem while reentering USA.
Currently I am on H1B and don't have Advance Parole.

Please advice.

Case TRF'S to Seattle, wa.

PD 01/23/01,
I-140 Aug 13 01,
I-485 RD 11/29/01,
Case TRF'S 05/23/03 To SEATTLE,
TRF'S Letter from NSC 05/30/03,
Waiting for Interview letter from Seattle,WA.