processing time for EAD application.

pepsico

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
This thread is for some of us who sent form I-765 for EAD card based on pending asylum.Let's try and share updates on notifications from the service centers regarding the application.
I sent mine on the 29th of October 2012 and got an email confirmation on the 5th of November that my application was accepted.Saying Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number LIN**********. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

I am still waiting for the receipt.I checked the website for the processing time and said the Processing Time frame: for the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated was on the September of 12th 2012.I know some people who had their EAD card just in less than 2 weeks and not even 3 weeks.

Has anyone also filed during this period.Please share your experience and update on the dates you are notified.It's had to check the website always and see nothing,it really sucks when you need money:mad::mad::mad:

Hi pepsico, thanks for the heads up, I am planning to fill form I-765 for EAD card based on pending asylum soon, I have few questions for you if you wouldn't mind:-

1. Can i file for EAD online?
2. in the form I-765 they are asking for proof that I have pending asylum case, what did you attach for that?
3. Did you attach passport copy, visa copy (if any) and I-94 copy?

Thanks in advance,

danti

Hi pepsico, thanks for the heads up, I am planning to fill form I-765 for EAD card based on pending asylum soon, I have few questions for you if you wouldn't mind:-

1. Can i file for EAD online?
2. in the form I-765 they are asking for proof that I have pending asylum case, what did you attach for that?
3. Did you attach passport copy, visa copy (if any) and I-94 copy?

Thanks in advance,

danti

1.You cannot file the form online for your case since its pending asylum.File it using the paper form ,its the only way for a pending asylum.
2.you need to send all the documents uscis sent you,i.e fingerprint notice,interview notice and most importantly the acknowledgment receipt uscis sent you.Added to this you need to also put 2 passsport size pictures in the file if not they will reject it.So don't forget the 2 picture size photos
3.i did not put a copy of my passport,visa or I-94 copy.But if you have any you can still put it will not disturb

Thank you pepsico, for the prompt detailed reply, however I have one more question, how did you got online an (email) confirmation that your application was accepted? Did you submit additional form like (G-1145) Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance?

Thank you pepsico, for the prompt detailed reply, however I have one more question, how did you got online an (email) confirmation that your application was accepted? Did you submit additional form like (G-1145) Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance?

yes

Processing time can take from 2 weeks up to 3 months, when I applied for my first EAD it took around 9 weeks! but again it could be less or more. so be patient and good luck to you.

Processing time can take from 2 weeks up to 3 months, when I applied for my first EAD it took around 9 weeks! but again it could be less or more. so be patient and good luck to you.

Karri2008,
you are still around? Any news on your asylum application yet? any inquiries?

Thanks i hope it will be even 2 weeks ,i really need money

pepsico good luck, seems only me, you and Asylum_Seeker are still waiting and around here on these threads

pepsico good luck, seems only me, you and Asylum_Seeker are still waiting and around here on these threads

yeah i guess so ,let's just wait !!for now i need atleast some funds to take care of myself and pay for my bills

I just got a mail from uscis about notice of action for my EAD application.Does anyone can tell me the duration of time i will receive the EAD card based on pending asylum.I just need to know from someone who also applied and had no delay because he never submitted some other documents but to know when he actually got his between the time the notice was sent and the EAD card was sent.