Processing Time Changed????

Certain Asylees With Pending Adjustment of Status Applications Should Notify the BCIS of a Change of Address

(See also, Special Notice to Iraqi and Syrian Asylees, below)

The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) announced that asylees who filed adjustment of status applications on or before April 1, 1999, and have not received a decision regarding their adjustment application, should contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 to ensure that the agency has a record of their current address. Applicants can also contact the NCSC to check on the status of their case.

NOTE: When you call this number, first press #1 ("for information about pending applications"), and once there, press #2 ("for change of address of your N-400 and certain pending asylum adjustment applications"). When you call, be sure you have your application receipt number available.

An asylee is a person who has received a final grant of asylum. Most persons who have been in asylee status for one year or more are eligible to file an application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485). Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, annually no more than 10,000 asylees may have their status adjusted to that of Lawful Permanent Resident. The BCIS is currently adjudicating applications for asylee adjustment filed on or before April 1, 1999. An asylee, who filed an adjustment of status application on or before April 1, 1999, and has not received a decision regarding the adjustment application, should contact the NCSC at 1-800-375-5283 (see NOTE above) Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.

Special Notice to Iraqi and Syrian Asylees
Special provisions in immigration law authorize the BCIS to process the adjustment of status applications of certain eligible Iraqi and Syrian asylees without regard to the 10,000 numerical limitation. For further information, see:

Syrian Adjustment Act (P.L. 106-378) Fact Sheet, May 17, 2001

Iraqi Exemption to Asylee Adjustment Cap
Asylees who are eligible for their applications to be processed under these special provisions and believe the BCIS may be inadvertently subjecting their applications to the 10,000 cap should contact the BCIS by writing to the following address:

Nebraska Service Center
Attn: 485 SYRIAN SUPERVISOR
P.O. Box 87333
Lincoln NE 68501-7333

When writing, please include your name, date of birth, country of birth, A-file number, filing receipt/tracking number, and your current address.

Call Experience

My application was received in Mar 99 and since I had not received a final decision so I will call the NSC.

I am not sure how this will help me as the change of address option does not really apply to us. Reason BCIS has current address as that is how following documents had been sent.

EAD
RTD
Finger Print notice

I also had submitted AR-11 and a letter to INS at the time of last move.

Originally posted by nofreedom
RAsylee, keep us posted. If they really changed processing date, that is a good news for some of us.

To me this is great news i have strong fillings that by the end of fiscal year 2003,BCIS will have processed all cases dating up to April 1999

Well, I called the NSC number around 4:00 P.M.
Tried that Option #1 and then Option #2.

There was an automated message about legaly one should file AR-11 as soon some one is moving etc ..etc... Anyone I selected the option that I need assistance ...

There was a wait for approximately 20-25 minutes. Conversation went according to my expectations. The lady on the phone was clueless to why I called. I read her from the website that it is instructing us asylees to call at this number. Something clicked in her mind and she started saying about limited number of quota of 10,000 and about 125,000 in the queue. I politely reminded her that "I am aware of this issue" now why am I instructed to call here...She really did not knew and then she said that well in new fiscal year from Sep 30,2003 all the cases uptil April 1999 will be processed. I did inquire that I have my LIN # can she confirm my address from it , she was not intrested in it. Her responses that it was not necessary. Since I have been at present location for about 3 years with no immediate plans to move so I did not bothered more with my address confirmation.

If the intent is for people before April 1999 to confirm their addresses then this lady should have made an attempt to confirm the address. According to her the intent is to educate people via phone regarding the possiblity of adjustment in next fiscal year.
If that is the real intent indeed then why can't they simply mention it on the website along with other information ...

Well that was my saga....if some one in this time frame happens to call then please share their experience with us....in the mean time I will keep on praying .....

Regards

Originally posted by RAsylee
Well, I called the NSC number around 4:00 P.M.
Tried that Option #1 and then Option #2.

There was an automated message about legaly one should file AR-11 as soon some one is moving etc ..etc... Anyone I selected the option that I need assistance ...

There was a wait for approximately 20-25 minutes. Conversation went according to my expectations. The lady on the phone was clueless to why I called. I read her from the website that it is instructing us asylees to call at this number. Something clicked in her mind and she started saying about limited number of quota of 10,000 and about 125,000 in the queue. I politely reminded her that "I am aware of this issue" now why am I instructed to call here...She really did not knew and then she said that well in new fiscal year from Sep 30,2003 all the cases uptil April 1999 will be processed. I did inquire that I have my LIN # can she confirm my address from it , she was not intrested in it. Her responses that it was not necessary. Since I have been at present location for about 3 years with no immediate plans to move so I did not bothered more with my address confirmation.

If the intent is for people before April 1999 to confirm their addresses then this lady should have made an attempt to confirm the address. According to her the intent is to educate people via phone regarding the possiblity of adjustment in next fiscal year.
If that is the real intent indeed then why can't they simply mention it on the website along with other information ...

Well that was my saga....if some one in this time frame happens to call then please share their experience with us....in the mean time I will keep on praying .....

Regards

I cant believe how incompetent this organization is. This is so annoying and those who lead it do not have the abc of running it. It is pathetic. As I said before, I think the reason they published this notice is to protect their butts from another lawsuit as the one filed 2 years ago. They know how to exploit the damn law now and their lawyers are telling them how to be devious.

Approved

Hello Everybody Here's is a good news my wife's Application received date was Jan 11 1999 and fingure print was 10/02/2002 and just checked on line message changed to this case was approved on June 13 2003 if you don't get approvel notice contact BCIS.
Good Luck to everybody

jattindc1 ,

Quick question, Your wife was granted asylum status because she was the principal applicant or she had derivative asylum.

Regards

Fiscal Year 2003

Sessanga Charlesa

I share your optimisim :) Now the question I have is when does the fiscal year 2003 ends.

Does it end on Sep 30, 2003
or
Does it end on Sep 30, 2004

Re: Fiscal Year 2003

Originally posted by RAsylee
Sessanga Charlesa

I share your optimisim :) Now the question I have is when does the fiscal year 2003 ends.

Does it end on Sep 30, 2003
or
Does it end on Sep 30, 2004

fisical year 2003 started last year on Sept. 01 and will end this year on Sept,30.