Processing discrepancies @ NSC

genemaster

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
my friend received his EAD card last Friday in mail. His RD was 1/24/07, and he paper-filed. I have exactly the same RD but have not yet seen even an update on USCIS Case Status page. It is still "pending" as of 1/24/07.
We both had out FP dates during the same week in early March (within 2 days). The only difference is that he had his FP done in San Jose and I have mine done in San Francisco. Is it possible that SJ center (from what I hear they have way more cases than SF) works so much faster than SF center???
Both FP's were code 3.

Any thoughts???

Thank you!

GM

EAD without FP?

Hi GURUS:
I was told by a costumer rep that there is no EAD issuance without FP!! Most of FP I am seeing lately are code 3 which are for I485. Is it possible that code 3 is used for EAD too?
Also, I am seeing EAD approvals b4 the FP?
COMMENTS?
CONFUSION!!

Hi GURUS:
I was told by a costumer rep that there is no EAD issuance without FP!! Most of FP I am seeing lately are code 3 which are for I485. Is it possible that code 3 is used for EAD too?
Also, I am seeing EAD approvals b4 the FP?
COMMENTS?
CONFUSION!!

No EAD filed electronically (not paper based) without FP (code 2) specific for EAD and has nothing to do with the code 3 we are doing for I485.

Lud 3/17 But No Update Of Status!!!

I have just logged on to my online account and there is an LUD of 3/17/07 for my I-485 petition, but nothing for EAD application! The website says that if this happens, there is some "internal processing" going on, and that no update saying what exactly is happening will appear...
I cannot believe they are now actually working on my I-485 faster than on my EAD!!!

GM

I have just logged on to my online account and there is an LUD of 3/17/07 for my I-485 petition, but nothing for EAD application! The website says that if this happens, there is some "internal processing" going on, and that no update saying what exactly is happening will appear...
I cannot believe they are now actually working on my I-485 faster than on my EAD!!!

GM

If you are from not retrogressed country, the possibility of I-485 approval, if your security background check cleared, is more than EAD approval. The EAD applications are almost tripple the number of I-485s. Do not believe the processing times in the USCIS, many out there get their I-485s approved within two months.

Thank you for the info.
I am not from a retrogressed country, and was able to file concurrently.
However, I still do not understand how my friend, from the same country, and with the same RD could have gotten his EAD, with all these updates online, and mine is still sitting there, seemingly not being touched by anyone...
Also, to comment on one of your other post, my lawyer tells me that FP has absolutely nothing to do with EAD approval, as the applications are sent to different offices and they do not know what the other one is doing nor they are looking into a shared database telling them what happened to the case. My friend's case proves it, since he has been sent EAD, but there are no updates on his I-485 since the day the application has been received...

Anyhow, this is incredibly frustrating since it seems like we cannot rely on the processing times given by the USCIS...also, if I do not receive my EAD (it is my first application) I don't think I will be able to get interim EAD either... :-(

Got It!!!

Finally, EAD is on its way!!!

I-765 RD 1/24/07
I-765 Card printing ordered 3/29/07
I-765 AD (mailed) 3/31/07

How long does it usually take for these documents to reach California from NSC???

Thanks and good luck to you all!!!

GM