Processing delays - writing to congressman.

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can any one advise me on what to write to the congressman to get the best and most effective reponse to my enquiry about delays in BCIS processing? My timeline for Los Angeles DO is below. Has any one had positive experience withthis before?

As my case has just stalled, I am thinking of writing to my congressman. I called his office and his staff said that they try to respond back with an answer probably the same day.

Thanks

I would give it a little more time. LA Office is currently processing cases as of August 2005 as per their website. For reference my case was started in February 2005, interview was not until Feb 2006 although application was approved. Waiting now for green card in the mail.

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

Can any one advise me on what to write to the congressman to get the best and most effective reponse to my enquiry about delays in BCIS processing? My timeline for Los Angeles DO is below. Has any one had positive experience withthis before?

As my case has just stalled, I am thinking of writing to my congressman. I called his office and his staff said that they try to respond back with an answer probably the same day.

Thanks
Who is your cingressman? Go to his website, and you'll find the info there.

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

Thanks

If you are referring to the delays in getting your EAD (assuming by looking at your timeline), the congressman would not help you get an approved EAD. If you are referring to the GC, then you have to wait till you are sure that you did not get approval because you are stuck in namecheck. I would give it sometime Rajesh.

You already have an interim EAD and that is good enough to meet your employment needs till you see further approvals coming your way. Good luck and have a little more patience, i know you been having problems from start and i hope things start getting better for you. Good Luck!

ari4u said:
If you are referring to the delays in getting your EAD (assuming by looking at your timeline), the congressman would not help you get an approved EAD. If you are referring to the GC, then you have to wait till you are sure that you did not get approval because you are stuck in namecheck. I would give it sometime Rajesh.

You already have an interim EAD and that is good enough to meet your employment needs till you see further approvals coming your way. Good luck and have a little more patience, i know you been having problems from start and i hope things start getting better for you. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. Another Question - how do you know if your name is stuck in a Namecheck process or not?

Thanks

Get an appointment and ask them. They will let you know. If it got stucked in name check nobody is going to do anything

Good Luck.

rajeshfromLA said:
Thanks for the advice. Another Question - how do you know if your name is stuck in a Namecheck process or not?

Thanks