Processing date for I-485 at VSC

They are f**ked up !!

I can't believe it ..how does the date go back ..
did they discover some files lying in a closet ..!!!! :eek:
Where are our files Dude ..!! This country needs a life !!!

Yeah the date was June 25, 2005. It has moved back...! go figure! I think they relaized that they di dnot post the I 485 date in the last publication, so just picked a random date, which does not make sense!!!

These people are just driving me nuts!

Muhin said:
As far as I remember, the date was June 25, 2005.
Looks like they are going backward in time.

485 date makes little sense.

Our 485 was filed on Sep 26, 05 and my wife got her 485 approved on 08/16/06 even when they were not showing any date. Now they come up with a date which is proior to the last one so people who might have filed in or around Jul 05 don't call asking for status.

When I called inquiring for the status of my 485 which was filed on the same day as my wife's ( which is already approved) they didn't tell me a word about the filing date and never said they are not processing Sep 05 cases infact the rep found my file which had detached from my wife's case (she is the primary applicant) and told me they will start processing it now and that I got 2 LUDs after that so someone is atleast looking to it.

Our category (Schedule A) which is current now will get retrogessed any moment now and I am worried that if my 485 is not approved before that than I have to join the EB3.

My question to all is that can i take an info pass appointment and visit my district office before the category we are in becomes retrogessed as well telling that I am a dependent and the primary applicant's 485 is approed and GC is receieved as well even though the date published by vermont for processing 485 is few months away from my filing date.

njrirlabor said:
Yeah the date was June 25, 2005. It has moved back...! go figure! I think they relaized that they di dnot post the I 485 date in the last publication, so just picked a random date, which does not make sense!!!

These people are just driving me nuts!

Some of the cases were transfer to the local office, mine was one of them. I had the interview last week at the Fedreal Plaza (NYC).

I heard from my Attorney too (like AZCAL) that due to BI-Specialization program, the cases might get transferred to TSC or NSC. But my attorney says that it is very vague at this time.

With regard to the I-485 Employment based dates have gone backwards in TSC and NSC as well.

what is your PD?

Heroiz:

What is your PD?

Also, what is schedule A and how does one apply under it?

I am in EB-2; can I apply/ modify to schedule A-EB-2 now?

qplearn

Hiroiz said:
VSC is indeed working with those 2005 485 cases as most in this thread filed for in 2005 have not transfered to CSC or TSC and my wife's 140 got approved yesterday and today her 485 also got approved in evening after getting an LUD on both 140 & 485 in the morning as I mentioned in my last post.

However my 485 (which is for a dependent) has not had any LUD's since last Nov when my FP was done. I am hoping to get my 485 approved any time soon.

Does anyone have an idea how long should it take normally for the dependent's 485 to approve after the primary applicant is approved.

So how did you interview go? Can provide some details such as EB category, Priority Date, are you from a retrogressed country? your vsc I 485 rd dates etc.

What did they ask in the interview?

Thanks

gruvinaus said:
Some of the cases were transfer to the local office, mine was one of them. I had the interview last week at the Fedreal Plaza (NYC).

njrirlabor said:
So how did you interview go? Can provide some details such as EB category, Priority Date, are you from a retrogressed country? your vsc I 485 rd dates etc.

What did they ask in the interview?

Thanks

Here is my info

EB3 - Not retro (Australia)
LC AD -10/29/02
PD - 04/30/01
I140/I485 concurrent filing - 03/03
I140 AD - 03/04
FP - 05/2004
RFE - 12/04 & 05/2005 (Same RFE- looked like they lost the first RFE)
EAD - 05/03(renew yearly)
Transfer VSC to NYC 7/27/06
Interview 8/24/06
I485 AD - ?????

The interview went pretty well, Its very straight forward. Ask about your job function, employment verification from your employer, I copied last 3 years of my tax return including W2 but they only want one. Your original Birth Cert, make sure you have a copy of to leave with them. Passport, Last couple of pay stubs.

And then they ask the question from I 485, like are you here to spy or overthrown us goverment.

After the interview my Attny ask him that does he see any problems with the case and when we can expect to hear from him. He said the case was approvable pending background check. I have to take the finger print on the same day since they mess up with the dates. The scheduled fp before they mail out the notice.

So I am back in the waiting game.

485 approved from VSC

My 485 got approved today, 20 days after my wife's 485 approval who was the primary applicant. I know couple of other folks who got their 485 approved as well in last month through VSC and all are under Schedule A category (specail category for nurses and Physical therapist).

qplearn - My PD was Sep-05. Schedule A is EB3 category and has temporary relief from retrogession as 50000 visa numbers were released in May 2005 as US has shortage of Nurses and PT's. These numbers are said to get into retrogession sometime next month so I got mine just in time.

Thanks to all in this forum for their inputs and comments.