• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Process to get Police Clearence in Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hello,
How r u all ? This is my first post on this forum. I am very much glad to be in here with you all.This is such an informative forum that we badly need.I have some question if anybody have gone through this or have experience please reply to me.

I am Bangladeshi National.I have completed my Bachelor from India. Now i am facing this problem which need to be solved.

1. My passport was issued on 2001 and is going to expire on 2011 . On this passport my present address is incorrect . Actualy i lived on this place for 3 months during my passport issuing time.I didnt update it for several years.I am going to apply for new passport on this year 2010.So should i correct this incorrect address before applying new passport or not ?

2. Now i am 29 years old and living on Dhaka, bangladesh.I have come to know that I have to collect Police Clearence Certificate for all places i have lived 6 or more than 6 months also from foreign country if anybody stayed more than 1 yeras.

3. After my age 16 i have lived different addresses such as.
a. Dhaka , Bangladesh --Address X--from 1998-2001.
b. Bangalore, India----Address Y--From 2001--2004.
c. Dhaka , Bangladesh --Address X--From 2004-2009.
d. Dhaka,Bangladesh--- Address Z --From 2009-- till now.

Here on thing noted i never satyed my passport mentioned current address more than 3 months.

4. So How can i collect police clearence certificate for X and Y places using this timeframe ? Should i go to update my current passport address using address Y ? Will it make any problem ? or Should i go for new passport without bothering it ? How much time need for collecting PCC from India through Indian High Commision in Bangladesh ?

Please reply me as early as possible.

Regards

Shabbir

Hi, I don't think You need any police certificate from INDIA.... As Indian Govt don't provide POLICE Certificate to a foreigner those who are applying Outside of India...

And police certificate needed only where last 6 months u were living......

Hello,
How r u all ? This is my first post on this forum. I am very much glad to be in here with you all.This is such an informative forum that we badly need.I have some question if anybody have gone through this or have experience please reply to me.

I am Bangladeshi National.I have completed my Bachelor from India. Now i am facing this problem which need to be solved.

1. My passport was issued on 2001 and is going to expire on 2011 . On this passport my present address is incorrect . Actualy i lived on this place for 3 months during my passport issuing time.I didnt update it for several years.I am going to apply for new passport on this year 2010.So should i correct this incorrect address before applying new passport or not ?

2. Now i am 29 years old and living on Dhaka, bangladesh.I have come to know that I have to collect Police Clearence Certificate for all places i have lived 6 or more than 6 months also from foreign country if anybody stayed more than 1 yeras.

3. After my age 16 i have lived different addresses such as.
a. Dhaka , Bangladesh --Address X--from 1998-2001.
b. Bangalore, India----Address Y--From 2001--2004.
c. Dhaka , Bangladesh --Address X--From 2004-2009.
d. Dhaka,Bangladesh--- Address Z --From 2009-- till now.

Here on thing noted i never satyed my passport mentioned current address more than 3 months.

4. So How can i collect police clearence certificate for X and Y places using this timeframe ? Should i go to update my current passport address using address Y ? Will it make any problem ? or Should i go for new passport without bothering it ? How much time need for collecting PCC from India through Indian High Commision in Bangladesh ?

Please reply me as early as possible.

Regards

Shabbir

The customer must present his/her green bar-coded Identity Document or valid passport at the Dhaka Diplomatic and/or Consular Representatives, as proof of identification, when abroad. Note: The Dhaka Diplomatic and/or Consular Representative abroad are only able to assist to take fingerprints. The customer is responsible to forward the application/request for a Police Clearance Certificate directly to the SAPS – Criminal Record Center.

Bangladesh PCC. URGENT!!

Hello All,

I am an Indian National currently living in the US. I lived in Bangladesh earlier for 8 months in year 2000. I need Police Clarence certificate from Bangladesh now. Could someone help me getting the certificate. I need someone who can represent me there in Bangladesh to apply on my behalf and once received it should be sent to me through FedEx. I can bare all the expenses including travel and any other charges. no issues spending the money for the expenses but I need the certificate as quick as one week from now.

If you know any agent who can help me also please let me know. It will be a great help.

Thank you.

PCC from different locations

Reading this thread has aroused a few questions in me and would greatly appreciate some clarification.

My husband needs his Police clearance, however he has lived in different parts of Bangladesh for education and work while his permanent residence is in sonargaon. According to NVC, a person needs police clearance from every place he has lived in for more than 6 months after turning 16 years old. My husband has already got the clearance from Sonargaon but needs to get the other one's. Should he go to the other local police stations and get certificates from there as well? or do you guys think it would be okay to just list his primary address and not mention others, and only the mention locations of work and education in Form DS-230?

Furthermore, is there any way he can get clearance of all the addresses and all places where he lived in one certificate?

Lastly, I am not sure whether the certificate he has already received from sonargaon has the signature from the ministry of foreign affairs, if it doesn't what is the process to getting that?

Thank you for all your suggestions in advance.

In Bangladesh only one police clearance will do, not more than one clearance is needed. But the clearance should be taken from one of the two addresses, Present or Permanent address of passport.

The certification of foreign ministry is like a notary seal on the opposite/ second page of police clearance. You can clearly read the seal of Ministry of foreign affairs and signature of the Assistant secretary there. Its a round seal.Usually when police gives the certificates, its their responsibility to collect the authorization from MOFA and give it to you . In Dhaka, the one stop center of police headquarter will give you the certificate after the MOFA authorization. But this may not happen for all District Police certificates.

If u havent got it, just notarize the certificate and go to MOFA in the early morning . They will do it for you.

In Bangladesh only one police clearance will do, not more than one clearance is needed. But the clearance should be taken from one of the two addresses, Present or Permanent address of passport.

The certification of foreign ministry is like a notary seal on the opposite/ second page of police clearance. You can clearly read the seal of Ministry of foreign affairs and signature of the Assistant secretary there. Its a round seal.Usually when police gives the certificates, its their responsibility to collect the authorization from MOFA and give it to you . In Dhaka, the one stop center of police headquarter will give you the certificate after the MOFA authorization. But this may not happen for all District Police certificates.

If u havent got it, just notarize the certificate and go to MOFA in the early morning . They will do it for you.

Thanks!

U will submit the packet at the airport. Then just go out for ur residence. The green card will be delivered to ur address as u mentioned in DSP form. 3 years ago it would take only 15 days to get it. Now it may delay upto months. After getting it go to the social security administration . Then u will get ur SSN number.Thats it. After that u may take a state ID where u live. These 3 cards are the KEYS to american life.Then just go and live as u like.........

U will submit the packet at the airport. Then just go out for ur residence. The green card will be delivered to ur address as u mentioned in DSP form. 3 years ago it would take only 15 days to get it. Now it may delay upto months. After getting it go to the social security administration . Then u will get ur SSN number.Thats it. After that u may take a state ID where u live. These 3 cards are the KEYS to american life.Then just go and live as u like.........

hi nightingle,

if any one want to change the address of his residence in USA, I mean the address of Green Card delivery then what hav to do ?

can any one of u tell me what are the steps after getting land on USA soil...?

US can file an I-864 affidavit of support for you, but you would take it to the interview, not to KCC. that's available on line at www.uscis.gov in the form section. You will get a list of things you'll need for the interview. you'll need to get an immigrant physical, you'll need to get police clearance from your country and other things. you definitely need to bring proof of your education. it's not compulsory to show your future study plans in the US. this is not a student visa. financial details, well it won't hurt, but the I-864 may actually prove more useful.

Hi . I have some question . My husband need a police clearence for canada immigration process.in his passport His parmanent adress is khulna and present adress is Dhaka . He is in outside from bangladesh .is it ok if someone on behalf of him apply for clearence from Dhaka or he has to apply from khulna . Please reply .and let me know the accurate processing system .
Thank you.