Process Time for I-130

usamnt

Registered Users (C)
Just got my first notice back for the I-130 I filed for my wife.
Says 990 to 999 days for processing. Am I missing something or what?

It's also listed under Section as Husband or Wife of permanent resident - should this be Wife of US Citizen?

Anyway, I thought it was odd.

Are you a permanent resident or a USC??

the waiting time for the spouse of a PR to get an immigrant visa number is around 3-4 years.

so what timeline is correct for a PR.

I-130

USC. There should be no waiting for an immigrant visa for us once the I-485 package is accepted - from what I learned. I suppose I will have to call and make sure they have me down as a US Citizen.

Is your spouse in the US?? if thats the case you should have filed the I130 + 1485 / EAD / at your local district office.

I think the service centers are taking a lot of time to process applications and you should let em know that ur a USC and not a PR.

Yes, she's in the US. I've sent all other applications (485, EAD, etc) to local office.

Thanks for the info.

I am in a similar boat, so I am following the thread as well. Can you suggest what the next best course of action is? Do we have to wait it out (900 days!!!), or would a transfer of the I130 to the local office work as well?

I think you need to Cancel that I130 and refile a new one at the district office.. I am not sure if this works and the best way to learn about it is to talk to an attorney or an immigration information officer in your district office.