Process for procuring interim EAD and AP from the local office.... ???

abc94536

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

I have not recd. my first actual EAD & AP yet. We had initiated a query 35-40 days back and are going to initiate another one now. :mad:

My attorney is suggesting me that I should go for an interim EAD & AP from my local office.

Please let me know the complete process with dos & donts for procuring the interim EAD & AP. Thanx! :confused:

procedure

You need to fill in new 765 aplicatoin and no need for fees, take copy of both 485 and 765 receipts, passport, some form of id. thats should do it.

Thx!

Do I need to take an appointment before reaching the local office. How long does it take for them to give the interim EAD.

Does the process remains same for my Wife as well (she is on H4).

You can do with out appointment also. Just walk in will do. Some offices are crowded, so you may have to go early in the morning

Thanks!

As I have not recd. my first EAD even - can this iEAD affect my case in anyway?

Also, for AP - will the process remain the same?

Your present EAD is not affected in any way.
AP may not be issued. For walk in AP, you may have to show valid reason for foreign travel (like death or serious illness back home)

Can somebody help me with the process for procuring AP as well.
My attorney is suggesting me for this...

Is AP meant for one time usage only? - I mean we go to India and come back and for the next trip - we will have to re-apply?

Can somebody help me with the process for procuring AP as well.
My attorney is suggesting me for this...

Ans: You would not get AP(INTERIM) at your local INS. You need to show strong proof such as death or family circumstances and it should be properly documented. Otherwise, you wont get it for sure..

Is AP meant for one time usage only? - I mean we go to India and come back and for the next trip - we will have to re-apply?

Ans: AP is meant for "ANY NUMBER OF TIMES". You have to re-apply every year before 3 months of expiry of your current AP.

Thanks!

I also wanted to know - under what circumstances do I need to use AP? - I mean if I am on H1 and my wife on H4 - still will we require AP for our travel to India?
Or
AP is reqd. only after we have used EAD?

How does rule for transit Visa (through different countries) change - when we are on H1 Vs EAD /AP?