Process at POE for new GC holder?

saira7

Hi, I'm a citizen and have sponsered my parents for a GC. The GC was approved last month in India and so my parents are planning to travel to the US. I just wanted to know the process after landing in a US airport for a new GC holder - are there any specific questions that one shld be prepared for, what kind of paperwork is reqd. to be filled etc Any info would be helpful since I'm clueless

Thanks in advance

saira,

Most of the experience base here is on the grounds of employment based immigration. From what I have read and experienced (from E point of view) it is no big deal. They would not be asked tricky questions. Your parents IV visa and packet is all that is reqd. The consulate puts all the supporting papers in those packets (which nobody expect the POE immigration officer is supposed to open).

Re Info Required

saira7 said:
Hi, I'm a citizen and have sponsered my parents for a GC. The GC was approved last month in India and so my parents are planning to travel to the US. I just wanted to know the process after landing in a US airport for a new GC holder - are there any specific questions that one shld be prepared for, what kind of paperwork is reqd. to be filled etc Any info would be helpful since I'm clueless

Thanks in advance

Saira,

Can you please let me know how long it took to process your parents GC. Also could you elaborate a bit on other issues like medical insurance, boredom for parents & if winter weather conditions are an issue in your area. I know these are really unrelated issues , but I would like to know of people who have parents settle down here in US. You may reply to me @ zimby02@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Zimby