Procedure for obtaining I-551 stamping

ramc2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I recived approval of my I485s in Aug 2006. While my wife and I received our Permanent Resident cards (Green cards) shortly thereafter, my two children (under the age of 3) have not received their cards (they have not had their biometrics taken). I plan to get their passports stamped mentioning temporary evidence of I-551 or permanent resident status.

I have taken an infopass appointment with the local office in the bay area for the same. I wanted to know the following:

1. Is it required that I take my kids for this appointment?
2. Apart from the I797 (Notice of Approval), their passports and 2 passport size photos, what else do I need to take?

Highly appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

ramc2006

Hi

I recived approval of my I485s in Aug 2006. While my wife and I received our Permanent Resident cards (Green cards) shortly thereafter, my two children (under the age of 3) have not received their cards (they have not had their biometrics taken). I plan to get their passports stamped mentioning temporary evidence of I-551 or permanent resident status.

I have taken an infopass appointment with the local office in the bay area for the same. I wanted to know the following:

1. Is it required that I take my kids for this appointment?
-------Yes
2. Apart from the I797 (Notice of Approval), their passports and 2 passport size photos, what else do I need to take?
--------- that is ok

Highly appreciate your advice on this. Thanks.

ramc2006
also file the Form G-731, - Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien
Registration Card. go to USCIS site and find the form G731