Procedure apply Green card from H-1 (Married to US citizen)

I called INS, I will have to refile application with fees. Also, send all supporting documents again, like 2 copies of photo, copy of I-94 card / Original EAD card / O'course New I-765 application and fees

Correct me if I m wrong, I dont have to send to anything else besides above.
Thanks,

Jay

Anahit said:
Hi Jane!
Just one small correction: No translated document needs to be notarized for Immigration purposes, the certified translation will do. Read #13 in the following link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Anahit said:
Hi Jane!
Just one small correction: No translated document needs to be notarized for Immigration purposes, the certified translation will do. Read #13 in the following link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Certified = notarized. You dont want an RFE asking you to send notarized documents. Anything that requires interpretation, translation, affidavit or supporting statement needs to be notarized.

jaypatel76 said:
Jane / Ami,

Thank you for your replies. I guess I will have to pay the fees ...
I was going through copy of my I-765 application form, Although my middle is spelled correctly in my original application, I did a mistake in my birth year ...
ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
this is so frustrating ... i went through the apps like 4 times, what a dumb mistake ... dammitttttttttt
Anyways, I will have to refile the application, I am glad to find that since they approved I-765, can work for any employer now ...
Thanks,

Jay

The re-filing fees is waived only if it is determined that the mistake is on USCIS part and you did your part correct.

ari4u said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahit
Hi Jane!
Just one small correction: No translated document needs to be notarized for Immigration purposes, the certified translation will do. Read #13 in the following link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffi...nal/index.htm#H

Certified = notarized. You dont want an RFE asking you to send notarized documents. Anything that requires interpretation, translation, affidavit or supporting statement needs to be notarized.

Thank you! :)

not enough

int0928 said:
How to get document certified? Just signature of the person (who is certifying) is enough?

Your translator must certify that she/he is fluent in both languages and that the translation in its entirety is complete and accurate (just type this statement at the end of document).
Then the translator must sign that document in front of a public notary.
Notary notarizes the translated, certified document and you good to go.

int0928 said:
How to get document certified? Just signature of the person (who is certifying) is enough?
The link I provided suggests a format for certification:
The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled .

Signature
Date Typed Name
Address

Jane Green said:
Your translator must certify that she/he is fluent in both languages and that the translation in its entirety is complete and accurate (just type this statement at the end of document).
Then the translator must sign that document in front of a public notary.
Notary notarizes the translated, certified document and you good to go.
Everything is correct, except you don't need to sign it in the presence of a public notary, neither does the notary should notarize it.
Read the instructions of forms (I-130, I-485, e.t.c.):
"General Filling Instructions
Translations: Any foreign language document must be accompanied by a full English translation, which the translator has certified as complete and correct and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English."
Do you see anything about notarizing it?
I filed I-130 for my parents, and all the foreign language documents were translated and certified by me (of course, I called the 800 number several times and made sure that I could do it, and that notarization was not required).

Anahit said:
Everything is correct, except you don't need to sign it in the presence of a public notary, neither does the notary should notarize it.
Translations: Any foreign language document must be accompanied by a full English translation, which the translator has certified as complete and correct and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English."
I filed I-130 for my parents, and all the foreign language documents were translated and certified by me (of course, I called the 800 number several times and made sure that I could do it, and that notarization was not required).

If it was me, I would rather spend $5 and 15 mins to get it notarized as against losing weeks over an RFE. Thats my math. Your call...

Anahit said:

All my translations went to INS with two signatures: one by a translator (myself) and another by a notary. I prefer to be safe then sorry and I’m out of this discussion.

Jane Green said:
All my translations went to INS with two signatures: one by a translator (myself) and another by a notary. I prefer to be safe then sorry and I’m out of this discussion.

I totally agree. Over and out.