problems with PWD and code

braniand

Registered Users (C)
My company has just received the PWD. However, the opportunity code given is for Managers, all other occupation. This is an occupation which includes all "the left over" from the other occupations, because the job opportunity does not fall in any one of them. Could this cause problems? I am concerned because this occupation does not have any summaries and SVP defined like the other ones. It gives some details of education but nothing much. Anyone with similar experience. Please give suggestions. Any suggestions are appreciated.

To my understanding, it is always good to have a clear job description so that you fall under a specific job title.

However, you may want to consult an attorney on this. It would be better for you to take a second opinion of another attorney (in addition to the one who is processing your papers), just to be safe. You may end up spending 100$ for a consultation, but it would be worth the money spent, to avoid any future issues.

braniand said:
Can you please comment.

The job description is clear, however, SWA defined it as Managers, all other. This occupation has its own code, but SVP is not defined. What do you believe will happen?

I am not sure!!! Probably, it is a non-issue. I am new to this, as well. So, it would be good for you to consult an attorney. Good Luck!!!

braniand said:
The job description is clear, however, SWA defined it as Managers, all other. This occupation has its own code, but SVP is not defined. What do you believe will happen?

Can someone else please comment on this issue. It is extremely important. The attorney has never had such a situation before, and seems at a loss.

Maybe different states handle this differently. In New Jersey, when we fill out the PWD form, we specify what occupational code and title we want to use, and the official would approve (or disapprove) and decide the salary, skill level, etc.

I don't understand why your lawyers cannot pick an occupational code that best fits your position and gets the lowest salary possible.