Problems only in TSC and CSC

bigking45

Registered Users (C)
Too much is being read because of delays by TSC in approving 485s. TSC has had problems and they seem to be making genuine efforts to catch up on EADs and APs. We should see a lot of these approvals in the next few weeks.

I think TSC will focus on 485s after this happens.

There is no truth in deliberate slowing down of GCs by BCIS or even finger printing for national security etc. This is borne out by the fact that several green cards have been given by other centers since Jan 1.

Rupnet tracker shows 259 approvals in Feb and 182 in March as of yesterday.

While it is easy to understand frustrations in these uncertain times, creating panic does not help.

> TSC has had problems and they seem to be making genuine efforts to catch up on EADs and APs. We should see a lot of these approvals in the next few weeks.
How can you claim that TSC is making a "genuine effort" when we haven't seen that many EAD/AP apporovals? In fact, AP retrogressed last month (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76149). Granted not all petitions follow this processing time. Only now we are seeing few EAD approvals. It's too soon to say TSC is "progressing".

> While it is easy to understand frustrations in these uncertain times, creating panic does not help.
At first, yes we did start by panicing. Then it became despair, then utter hopelessness. Now we have reached a "I don't give a damn" attitude. So many people have stopped visiting this board because of that. Trust me, nothing panics us anymore.

bigking5 seems to be a new comer. I dont think

he is aware of TSC history. I have been in it for last two years. There is nothing that I have seen that have improved in TSC. We at this board are always speculating for the best (to keep our hope alive) for the reason for the slowdown/inactivity in TSC. Here are some list:
1. Jan-Feb 2002. TSC does not have enough workers. They are hiring. Once hiring is over we will see flood of approval. Nothing happened
2. March 2002: TSC is catching up with other application (e.g. I140). The time passed, nothing happened.
3. June/July 2002: TSC has to do name background check, they do not have any system to check this. Employees are being trained to do background check. Once it is over, we will see flood of approval, nothing changed
4. Decmber 2002: There is freeze so ehen the freeze is over, we will see flood of approval. Nothing happened
5. Jan/Feb 2003: ElSalvador cases, we know now nothing has changed.

The fact is that there is no particular reason for the slow down. They are simply not processing I-485 cases. Remind you that all along there have been scores of approval at all other centers. It seems to me all other center do not have these issues. I think people working at TSC delibrately not approving cases and they are not accountable to anyone. Guess what, we can not do anything about it

sg94ahpw ....You want to add one more to the list?

6. April 25th, 2003. Special registration deadline is over and we should see a flood of approvals....YIPEEEE!!!!! ("FLOOD" my brown ass!!:mad: )

I have been a long time visitor of this site but have not been very vocal. I completely agree with sg94ahpw. Very good explanation with the timeline. Compared to other service centers TSC is horrible. May be the new BCIS will change the direction. Just hoping for the best.

So let us do something about it

So instead of fretting and fuming let us do something about it. Here is what I have received so far. I got a reply from the Vice President’s office yesterday that they have sent my complaint to the USDOJ. What does this show? No one gives a damn about our plight. The office of VP does not even know that INS is not under USDOJ and is under Homeland Security dept.

In the letter I sent to the VP’s office. I had the petition along with a request to help us all out in quickening up TSC processing and I had included the print out of 300 something signatures that we had collected from signing up the petition two weeks ago.

Here is the list of people who are said to have some influence over BCIS. Why don’t you folks try contacting these folks. Send the petition, print out the list of signatures collected and send it to these folks. I have already sent it to John Cornyn and Lamar Smith (of course no replies yet)
http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,1431,2343

I also tried contacting the local newspaper but looks like the reporter who normally covers immigration is covering war related stuff so I could get the bandwidth to write about us.

Which of you brave souls want to join in the fight for ourselves rather than just complaining about the lack of TSC response?

a little plus

A little on the plus side for TSC is that we have seen a bunch of finger print notices. This may be due to the petition we made (?). Hopefully the new petition for 485 may also help (?).

Thanks,

JaideepB

It is "The Slowest Service Center" on the face of the Earth!

Tortoise Service Center, The Slowest Service Center, whatever you say, no name will justify and demonstrate TSC's random behaviour. All along, my feeling is this: There is nothing wrong with TSC's working employees, they are fine, nice people. The problem is with TSC's top management. They do not have any accountability at all what-so-ever. I am convinced: I will NOT find another horrendous example of "accountability problems" like TSC's top management has. I am amazed by this fact: Here in the USA, this "top management" at TSC is getting paid "Big Bucks" for actually messing things up instead of fixing things, can anybody imagine that?! And they are getting away with this, I guess, because they are dealing with applications of "foreigners"! Well, I am confused here, if this is the case, why other three service centers are well advanced in processing applications of "foreigners" than TSC, I don't know! I know only this: TSC is far, far behind in processing applications than any other service center and TSC's top management is NOT doing anything to fix this. In the mean time, we need to keep our morale really high, we need to keep our fingers crossed, we need to keep our atitude positive, we need to comfort each other, we need to answer each other's questions if we can, we just need try hard to keeep ourselves away from "stinkin' thinking" (Zig Ziglar's famous words)! I wish "the very best luck" to all of us, we all really need it very much at this critical point of I-485 journey!

To MD Alam and others in this forum

Why don’t you use your pent up anger in writing up letters to the TSC management or to the higher ups. The more people they hear from the more they will look at our cases. We have about 600 signatures for the petition, why don’t you leverage that and use. This is not aimed just at you but for other readers in this forum as well. It will take you probably ½ hour to write a letter and to printout the signatures list and $2 for postage to mail your complaint to the folks in BCIS. If you don’t act to get what you want you will just have keep on waiting and hope that TSC approves your case and that you don’t get laid off before you get your approval.

Tru:

I did talk to one of the assistant of Lamar Smith, she told me that Congress Smith is aware of the situation and has contacted with TSC, blah, blah, blah......
Not very helpful.

easthorn

That is good to know. Hopefully if others also contact their area representatives if this issue comes up in a meeting at least they are aware of it. This is probably a big step, making these people aware that problems like these exist.

Unfortunately it is not been a big step. Many people on this board, at least since I've been following 2 years ago, have called, written letters, etc. TSC is worse now.

Good to know this KennyGH, this means that we have to involve other means of communicating to the BCIS, using media help, lobbying with the help of AILA, probably even going to Mesquite and do a protest in front of the TSC building. I am sure that will attract some media attention. Any other folks want to join in on these activities?