Problems after CP

Raj Pathak

Hi Guys,
I got my CP and I am in US last month. My employer is not paying me and if I ask for salary, he is thretening me that he will inform INS. Is this possible? Does somebody know for how long I need to stay with this employer after GC to be safe?
Thanks for your response.:confused: :confused:

Call the dept of labor...

and complain right away. Even if he calls INS, as long as you are doing your part of the bargain, they won't revoke the green card. Make sure you have evidence to support your working without pay. I would consider suing the bastard for emotional trauma and financial hardship.

how long to stay with employer

Is is possible to leave your employer immediately after entering US. What is the official ruling? I would like to get rid of my employer immediately, if I can.

Re: how long to stay with employer

Originally posted by dilwala
Is is possible to leave your employer immediately after entering US. What is the official ruling? I would like to get rid of my employer immediately, if I can.

This is an important decision. You might want to consult a lawyer.

onus is on employer

You got a green card based on labor certification, which is for INDUSTRY IN AREA and then based on the assurance of employment by the sponsor. Now if the sponsor does not keep his/her part of the committment there is no obligation on your part. I don't think you have to fear at all. You should talk to an atttorney who can send a letter to the employer saying that if you are not employed by a certain time you will look for other jobs in the same Industry in your state.
BTW, if you don't mind can you tell if your employer is a large American Company or a deshi body shopper ( no need of names!).
Good luck and do post your experience.
brb

Desi company

My company is managed by desis. They did not do me a favor by getting me the green card. I was working on projects till the data I left for the interview. My project got over and I am on bench. What proof should I keep. Can I send them email asking for Salary and cc myself to keep a copy?
Thanks for your response