Problem with Name in degree certificate

dixitji

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got an appointment from Chennai consulate for my H1B interview on Dec 2005. The problem here is, my name in my degree certificate is bit different then the one I have in my passport. (Actually my degree certificates do not have suffix Kumar which I have in my passport name). Please let me know, in this case what are all extra documents I should keep ready with me before my interview?

Thanks in advance,
Dixy

dixitji said:
Hi All,

I got an appointment from Chennai consulate for my H1B interview on Dec 2005. The problem here is, my name in my degree certificate is bit different then the one I have in my passport. (Actually my degree certificates do not have suffix Kumar which I have in my passport name). Please let me know, in this case what are all extra documents I should keep ready with me before my interview?

Thanks in advance,
Dixy
A lower court affidavit will do.

Thanks Jharkhandi

I will arrange it at earliest.
I have another query here, currently I am working with X employer in India. My H1B petition is filed by Y Company in USA. In this case I will be joining Y Company in USA once I reach there. I am still to resign from my post in X company (by the time of consulate interview). In such case, what questions that can come up during my visa interview and what extra documents I should carry with me?

Thanks again for quick reply,

Regards,
Dixy

dixitji said:
Thanks Jharkhandi

I will arrange it at earliest.
I have another query here, currently I am working with X employer in India. My H1B petition is filed by Y Company in USA. In this case I will be joining Y Company in USA once I reach there. I am still to resign from my post in X company (by the time of consulate interview). In such case, what questions that can come up during my visa interview and what extra documents I should carry with me?

Thanks again for quick reply,

Regards,
Dixy

Just carry a reference letter from any of your colleagues that you are still working with X. They are not going to ask for it - but for your own peace of mind. The letter should mention contact detail of the person who will sign (phone number with address). In past(esp 97-98), US consulate Delhi was known to call HR of company in absence of any reference, people used to give phone number of colleagues but no one, that I know, was denied for this reason.

All the best.

One more query

Hi Jharkhandi,

Thanks for the quick response.

One more query...:)
One of my friend's H1B is rejected at Chennai consulate on Friday 16/09/05 (Day before yesterday) under 221g. As per my discussion with him, this is how it happened in interview:

Consulate: Where you going to work in USA?
Candidate: Y Company. Y is a software consultant at USA (Basically they provide human resources to there client and do not have any in-house project development)
Consulate: Who are all clients of Y in USA?
Candidate: A, B, C and many more…
Consulate: Out of these clients, which one you are going to work for?
Candidate: (This was an unanticipated question by the candidate. He some how managed to say)… B Company.
Consulate: Please provide the documents stating that B Company is in contract with Y and you are going to work for B immediately after you will reach USA.

As candidate was not at all prepared for this question, he fumbled and got 221G.

Now I have two questions here,
1. How to handle this question during consulate interview? (As in most of the cases it is not clear which client you are going to work for once you reach USA.)
2. What should my friend do now? (As he is already into this trouble.)

I am desperately looking forward for the solution for the above problem. Thanks again.
Please let me know way to handle such situations?

Thanks again
Dixy

dixitji said:
Hi Jharkhandi,

Thanks for the quick response.

One more query...:)
One of my friend's H1B is rejected at Chennai consulate on Friday 16/09/05 (Day before yesterday) under 221g. As per my discussion with him, this is how it happened in interview:

Consulate: Where you going to work in USA?
Candidate: Y Company. Y is a software consultant at USA (Basically they provide human resources to there client and do not have any in-house project development)
Consulate: Who are all clients of Y in USA?
Candidate: A, B, C and many more…
Consulate: Out of these clients, which one you are going to work for?
Candidate: (This was an unanticipated question by the candidate. He some how managed to say)… B Company.
Consulate: Please provide the documents stating that B Company is in contract with Y and you are going to work for B immediately after you will reach USA.

As candidate was not at all prepared for this question, he fumbled and got 221G.

Now I have two questions here,
1. How to handle this question during consulate interview? (As in most of the cases it is not clear which client you are going to work for once you reach USA.)
2. What should my friend do now? (As he is already into this trouble.)

I am desperately looking forward for the solution for the above problem. Thanks again.
Please let me know way to handle such situations?

Thanks again
Dixy

Well when you don't know - tell them you don't know. People sitting in consulate know inside out about companies and NEVER tell them a lie.

A better answer could have been - I have not discussed with my employer's HR about the placement as of now. Once I am in US, I will have a better picture about things and then that will be right time to discuss with employer about locational preferences.

What can he do now? Well he should not have told lie in first place. Onwards he should not tell a lie. Talk to his company and find if they have such arrangement with client - get papers, else confess that it was miscommunication on his part and then expect a favorable outcome.

Ohh..
In this case, he thought consulate's intention was to make sure that candidate should not be on bench (and should not start looking for job) after reaching USA.
As arrenging document's is very difficult task for my friend, confession seems to be last option.

Do you have any recomondation for the way we should proceed now (as already 221G is there) with H1 (Should he go for drop box option or again go for fresh interview?)

Thanks for suggestions and hope I am not causing too much trouble to you...
Regards,
Dixy

dixitji said:
Ohh..
In this case, he thought consulate's intention was to make sure that candidate should not be on bench (and should not start looking for job) after reaching USA.
As arrenging document's is very difficult task for my friend, confession seems to be last option.

Do you have any recomondation for the way we should proceed now (as already 221G is there) with H1 (Should he go for drop box option or again go for fresh interview?)

Thanks for suggestions and hope I am not causing too much trouble to you...
Regards,
Dixy

Benching is not something that a candidate can decide. That is for company to defend. Do not try to do someone else's job. You are coming to US with a job - period. What company is doing is not your problem.

Why did your friend not opt for drop box in first go?

Waise aapka Nene jee ki Dixit se kuch lena dena hai kya? Aapke pahle post main smile kuch jyada hi beaming lag rahi hai! ;)

Hi,

He did not opted for drop box first time coz it was his first fresh H1B stamping. One more query:
As my friend has said he will be working for B company in USA in his interview, let say we able to manage documents for C company. Will it be okay to submit documents for C as a response to 221G in drop box?

Point here is we are sinciarly looking for solution and not in a position to take any chances...

Waise main Madhuri ko bahut time se janta huin. Right from TEZAAB days. Lekin shayad woh muze nahi pahachanegi...:)
Regards,
Dixy

Its possible.

my friend he is also faced same problem221g . then he
got letter from x company as offer letter from that consutant.he got h1, sencond time :)