Problem when trying to check case status on-line.

paulsangh

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I was trying to check the case status using online case system and I get a message saying

" The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system.Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status,
please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283. "

This is different from the previous message which I used to get saying your application takes about 365 days (some thing like that, I don't remember the exact contents of the message). Is this normal, that they keep changing the messages of the applicants.

Thanks.

your interview letter is on its way

This happens when your interview letter has been mailed. Have you already been finger printed? which District office do you fall under? What are your dates?

paulsangh said:
Hi All,

I was trying to check the case status using online case system and I get a message saying

" The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system.Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status,

This is different from the previous message which I used to get saying your application takes about 365 days (some thing like that, I don't remember the exact contents of the message). Is this normal, that they keep changing the messages of the applicants.

Thanks.

In most cases, the appearance of this message on the automated system seems to be followed by an interview letter in a few days time.

Good luck!

What is the URL?

What is the site you are using to check your status?

paulsangh said:
Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi HVN400,

Any idea in how many days will the letter for the interview comes after this message, I saw this message changed about 10 days back and I have not received my letter yet. I live in VA and I am seeing some posts with the May priority date getting the letters. My priority date is 10th May and I have finished my finger printing in July. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

paulsangh, did you receive any letter yet? My case status is also changed to the same message just like yours.

cici

paulsangh said:
Hi HVN400,

Any idea in how many days will the letter for the interview comes after this message, I saw this message changed about 10 days back and I have not received my letter yet. I live in VA and I am seeing some posts with the May priority date getting the letters. My priority date is 10th May and I have finished my finger printing in July. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi paulsangh,

Have you received your interview letter yet?

my last updated date of my online case has been the same since I received the interview letter (even thought I just went thru Oath yesterday), and they still cannot find my status.

I wonder what exactly the status should show for the case?

Status Change -> Interview notice

FYI:

My D.O is Boston. My PD date is July 15 - 2005. FP date was Sep 15, 2005. My online status changed on Sep 23, 2005 and I got the letter for a Nov 3 interview on Sep 26 (though the letter was postmarked on Sep 23).

Now, I am just trying to make it through the month without stress. I plan on taking a lawyer to the interview with me. He filed my application. Reason for lawyer is because I had 7 traffic tickets over 13 years (1 in the last 5 years) and because I had to go to court twice (traffic related) and both were dismissed (5 years ago). I figure I may get some moral support for the $500 that I pay the lawyer for interview. He charged $2000 for the application filing (including the $390 fee to USCIS).

Hope that helps and praying for a smooth interview.

Good Luck PaulSangh and others waiting for interview notice.

-- Gaude

Hi HVN400,

I did not get letter from my local DO, but I called the National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 yesterday and the lady told me they will not send any letter untill the name check is done. I don't know whether this is true or false, as I have seen some postings around my time frame getting the IL. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Common Last Name?

Hey Paul-

Do you have a very common last name? What country are you a citizen of? Perhaps somehow, those are holding up your name check?

As far as the 800 # people, their information is mostly of dubious value (and scripted). I was not aware that name check needed to be complete before setting an interview date. When I filed for 485 AOS 3 years ago, I had the interview and had to wait 3 months to get the name check complete. That was in Boston as well (though it was shortly after 9/11 and the INS offices were in transitionary stage). My lawyer said that several cases in the last months took 4-6 weeks post FP to get the interview notice.

So, keep the faith Paul and good luck

-- Gaude

Color Changed only in Online status

Hi All

My status used to say " The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 "

in red but for the last two day, I see the same message in black and there is no update date on it too.
So basically it just changed colors.

Anyone had similiar experience?

How can you tell Zeeman?

Hi Zeeman-

I think you should be getting the notice shortly for interview (a week or two). How were you able to tell that your name check and your fingerprints were completed and sent back to USCIS before the interview?

Thanks
-- Gaude

I seriously wouldn't pay too much attention to the online status application. It seems to be worthless. I throught it was cool when I found out that they have the online system. However, after seeing how "well" it works, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thing is besides keeping the history of all your applications. It's no help if you want to find out something about the paperwork that is currently pending.

interview notice received

gaude88, you were right, I received the interview letter yesterday, three days after my online status changed colors. The interview date is Nov 8th

regarding the name check and fingerprint approval dates.
For fingerprints, I called the FBI and they gave me this info and about the name check, I emailed them and they replied back in about three months. Its all in Raul's first thread " My name check experience" with email address and phone numbers.

Sorry, I lost the phone number and the email address

good luck

The proof that USCIS.gov processing times are useless:

Zeeman just got interview letter, yet USCIS site says NYC DO is working on N-400s for July 8, 2004.

Now I dont trust those processing times any more.

Ok, its really strange. My fingerprinting date is not until nov 22. But today when I just happened to go see my file status online, I got the red message saying

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Well, I saw the 365 day message earlier. Although I checked only once since I got my 1st notice on Oct 14. I did not check since then. Is it not strange that the case information has vanished even before finger print?
Any input?

Timeline:
VSC
DO - Boston
priority date: 10/5/2005
finger printing date : 11/22/2005