Problem I am having !

Ladybuggy

Registered Users (C)
I am having a problem with filling out something on the N-400 Form. It ask about the employer and then the time line. Well I know the year and I am not sure about the exact month and don't know the days at all. I called the old employer and since it was in 2001 they have no more records of me working there.
So what do I write for dates ? I don't want to make any dates up (absolutely not)

Ladybuggy said:
I am having a problem with filling out something on the N-400 Form. It ask about the employer and then the time line. Well I know the year and I am not sure about the exact month and don't know the days at all. I called the old employer and since it was in 2001 they have no more records of me working there.
So what do I write for dates ? I don't want to make any dates up (absolutely not)

Ladybuggy, just a thought... i you have updated resume, you might be able to pull the dates from there... again, just a thought.

Sorry... i update my resume when moving to new jobs... so my resume has a pretty accurate work history. That's where i pulled my work history info from.

Well I called the IRS, the social security office and they only have the year I worked. No month or days. I called then my old workplace back and the local office didn't have any records on me nor did the "big" office I had to call then.
So I think I am going to leave it blank and either explain it in the cover letter why I left it blank or explain it at the Interview. I mean I really don't want to put a aprox. date down because I am not sure and don't want to get in trouble because I am not exactly sure.
What does everyone think ? I mean is this a reason not to approve my Citizenship or could cause this a delay or anything ?
I mean you don't want to mess around with anything , right ?

Since you know the year, you should put that on the application and you can explain the rest to the Officer. It should go like this: from 2003-2003.

Do you have any check stubs from the last four years, maybe you can get some info from them too. If the money was deposited directly to your bank account, you should check your bank record for those dates. Check your credit report too, they might have it on there.

you can get a free credit report at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index?accesstime=1158614466060

AnnualCreditReport.com processes requests for free credit file disclosures (commonly called credit reports). Under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act) consumers can request and obtain a free credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. AnnualCreditReport.com provides consumers with the secure means to do so.

If you have any reservations about it, you should do as much research as possible.

Cheers,
Newly

I was in the same position and simply listed month/year for my older employers. No problem during interview, even though I had found the missing data and was prepared to provide updates if asked.