PROBLEM: Birth NAC @NWD

gumbo

Registered Users (C)
I have an NAC (non-availability certificate) of birth + affidavits from parents. However, I have no birth certificate because my parents never got it registered.

Will this be a problem for NWD CP (I know this is NOT a problem at BMB, but it IS a problem at MDR) ? I called the consulate and asked about it and a lady who responded, quite unsure, said that the birth HAS to be registered. Can someone with CP experience at NWD please clarify.

My parents obtained that NAC about 2 yrs ago and it was a lot of pain for them.

Another question: After which year (is it 1969 or 1970 or something else ?) the births were REQUIRED to be registered in India ?

Many thanks!

gumbo said:
I have an NAC (non-availability certificate) of birth + affidavits from parents. However, I have no birth certificate because my parents never got it registered.

Will this be a problem for NWD CP (I know this is NOT a problem at BMB, but it IS a problem at MDR) ? I called the consulate and asked about it and a lady who responded, quite unsure, said that the birth HAS to be registered. Can someone with CP experience at NWD please clarify.

My parents obtained that NAC about 2 yrs ago and it was a lot of pain for them.

Another question: After which year (is it 1969 or 1970 or something else ?) the births were REQUIRED to be registered in India ?

Many thanks!

Hi,

I seem to remember that "The Birth and Death Act of India,1969" allows late registration of births at local municipalities. I don't know what the compulsion level is but the flexibility afforded with this act allowed us to late register the births though it took some connections and grease money to get the local babus to budge. Both the certs that I got (and the others that I saw in my office) have the above Act referenced at the top of the official document.

The rule for NAC seems to be that the municipality or official body certifies that they have searched their birth records for the year – yyyy and do not find any child born to the father and mother, of residence ____, etc. This is supplemented by your parents’ affidavits, etc.

Rjain.

Last edited by a moderator:
gumbo said:

{ Normally consulate ask either the birth certificate or NAC with two affadavits and in your case you have the later one so don't worry you are fine }

hi gumbo,
i agree with vm.you need either NAC + affidavits or BC.i submitted NAC with affidavits with 10 class cert.no questions were asked in interview at ND.also my birth year is 1977(not reg.).
austin.

Folks,

I have a question regarding BC.

My birth was registered 5 yrs after my Birth date by the Corporation authority.. I do not have a birth certificate but the the one issued by Corporation mentions the date, name of parents etc. Is this enough or should I prepare affidavits? Is it advisable to carry affidavits anyway?

My wife did not have a BC but she got one recently that was issued by the Local authorities. Hence the BC has a very recent issue date. Is that going to be a problem??

Please note that I cannot get a Non-availability cert. for both of us because the same has been issued ..although very recently for my wife...

would appreciate your reply.
thanks
S

sanjay76 said:
Folks,

I have a question regarding BC.

My birth was registered 5 yrs after my Birth date by the Corporation authority.. I do not have a birth certificate but the the one issued by Corporation mentions the date, name of parents etc. Is this enough or should I prepare affidavits? Is it advisable to carry affidavits anyway?

My wife did not have a BC but she got one recently that was issued by the Local authorities. Hence the BC has a very recent issue date. Is that going to be a problem??

Please note that I cannot get a Non-availability cert. for both of us because the same has been issued ..although very recently for my wife...

would appreciate your reply.
thanks
S

Hi Sanjay,

My BCs were issued within a month of the interview, so besides these, I carried the School Certs also with copies and gave them to the officer. My affidavits were done before the BC were made and mentioned that the birth was not registered so scrapped those and didn't take them.

Good Luck!

Rjain

Hello

My birth was not registrered and I have to get affidavits and Non-Availability or No Records letter from Municipalituy.

I want to know whether
1. The affidavits need to be executed in city of BIRTH (Udupi, Karnataka) or I can execute it in current city of residence (Bangalore, Karnataka)?

2. Should the affidavits be executed in front of a first class magistrate as mentioned on the consular website or a notary stamp is enough ?

3. My DOB is 12-Apr-1976 - Should I get a court order to get my birth officially registered OR the NABC + 10th Certificate + Affidavit is enough. I am asking this question because I think there is a Govt order that all births have to be registered after 1970.

Please let me know if there were any other issues while submitting these type of docs at the consulate.

Thanks for your help - it will be greatly appreciated.
Abdul