PRO\'s and CON\'s for changing job after filing 485

Anil___kumar

Registered Users (C)
I am under EB3, ND 09/99, FP 08/2000 and PD 08/96 and basically tired and sick of this process. After waiting for 540 days for this stupid process, INS told me that all cases where merger/acquisitions took place are on hold and waiting for a decision from INS headquarter.
If I switch a job now, what this new company has to do to continue this process. Also what kind of time estimate I am looking for if I switch job. Since the location where I work comes under Nebraska Service Center and my company\'s headquarter comes under Vermont, Shall I look for a company who is locaeted in Eastern region. Can they move this case to Nebraska if I join some company here.
Or shall I just wait.

No Title

I would wait and not jeopardize the whole process just couple on months short of resolution.

Mu gut feeling is that INS will come up with the new regulation by April and may decid that I-140 re-do etc. is not required for mergers/acquisitions especially in view of the new 180-day law.

I, myself have filed I-140 proactively, because the group was spunoff into a company.

No Title

Thanks for your response.
Assuming INS decides that I-140 is not required for name change/acquisitions, decision on which is expected by the end of march/ Ist April...How long you think will I-485 approval take after that ... Any guess/ idea??